Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Internal server error attempting to upgrade from K 2.0.3 -> K 3.0.5 on J! 2.5.9

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by tamirzzz
Hi there,

I am trying to install pkg_kunena_v3.0.5_2014-03-09 .

The component is being loaded, then thinking for several seconds, and then I get 500 message of Internal Server Error.

Further more, after that, I get the same message whenever, I get to the J administrator.

I am using :

Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable with PHP Version 5.3.28.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by tamirzzz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
please enable kunena debug

backend- kunena -confguration -kunena debug

Then go to frontend, login as admin. Then go to kunena. you will see the error:

Please paste here the error
The following user(s) said Thank You: tamirzzz

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by tamirzzz
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The 500 page is shown during installation. Is your answer applicable to this situation?

Tnx

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

tamirzzz wrote: I am using ... Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable

While it is theoretically possible to install K 3.0.5 on J! 2.5.9, if you want my personal opinion, I would not use J! 2.5.9. Instead, I would update to J! 2.5.19 as the very minimum. To be honest with you, I do not build new websites these days with using J! 2.5; J! 3.2 is much more reliable but I understand that you may have special needs that can only be fulfilled using older Joomla extensions.

I think that you are telling us that you have not installed Kunena. If that is so, you will probably not be able to modify the Kunena configuration settings and, therefore, 810's suggestion to "enable Kunena debug mode" does not have any meaning.

I would suggest, instead, that you enable Joomla debug mode, attempt to install Kunena again, and tell us if there are any extra clues to help understand what it is that is causing the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error .

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by tamirzzz
Hi there,

Let me clarify the issue:

I have an active site built on j.2.5.9 with Kunena 2.x installed.

I am in the process of migrating the entire site to J 3.2. Based on my experience, all 3rd party extensions should be of the same version in the source version (in this case j.2.5.9) to the dest version (in this case j3.2).

Since the only Kunena version that I can use on J.3.2 is Kunena 3.0, I had to first migrate my j2.5.9 site to Kunena 3.0 (from Kunena 2.0) and by doing this the error that sparked this discussion occured.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled

tamirzzz wrote: Let me clarify the issue:

I have an active site built on J! 2.5.9 with Kunena 2.x installed.

Thank you for the clarification. As I recommended in my previous reply, I would strongly suggest that you immediately upgrade from J! 2.5.9 to J! 2.5.19.

It is true that you can only use K 3.0 on J! 3.2 but you can upgrade from K 2.0.x to K 3.0.5 on your old J! 2.5 site as long as your J! 2.5 site is not broken, sick, corrupted, ruined or defective in some other way. Without knowing exactly the situation that currently exists on your old J! 2.5.9 site I can only guess.

I understand what you are attempting to do. Your strategy is, overall, sound but I think that the basis from which you're trying to start is unsound. It is my guess that there is something wrong - defective, corrupted, broken or "diseased" - with your J! 2.5.9 website.

Is there something that is preventing you from upgrading from J! 2.5.9 to J! 2.5.19?

Is there something that is preventing you from enabling Joomla debug mode?

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by tamirzzz
Hi There,

Your approach is very good. :woohoo:

As a result of your reply, I have started to created second site, a copy of my prod site in which I`ll first upgrade to the latest version of the j.2.5 series and then try to install the K 3.0.

Since it is a big site, and I prefer to do it by ftpping the files (Cpanel copyying has failures), it will be ready only tommarow morning.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you very much for your help and concern.

Tamir

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #8 by tamirzzz
Hi,

I upgraded the J2.5 to J.2.5.19, tried to install pkg_kunena_v3.0.5_2014-03-09, but still, keep getting:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any other suggestions?

Tnx

More
9 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Can you produce your configuration report (even for K 2.0)? This may give us a clue.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #10 by tamirzzz
hi,

Sure:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : traction | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle_rtl 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0-RC3 | creationdate: 2012-06-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.1.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4

Thanks!!!

P.S, the reason why you`d see the J version as being 2.5.9 and not 2.5.19 is because, I took the configuration from the prod web site in which I still did not upgrade it`s version to 2.5.19. I upgrade the dev site to j.2.5.19, but since the Kunena installation failed during the process, I can not take the configuration file from it. In fact, I am attaching a screenshot, so you would have a sense of what happend to the Kunena after the failed installation.

While clikcing on any of the menu items, I get: Joomla!
404 - An error has occurred.
Component not found

Return to Control Panel
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds