Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question registration

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by davem
registration was created by davem
Hopefully a simple question.

I need to stop anyone from registering when in the forum area. We have a great way built to allow new members and the Kunena section by-passes this.

I do want our real members to be able to register in Joomla, though.

I am a medium grade hacker of code, so simple is good.

With another componenet, it was a simple PHP file change. They did real good on that one.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by davem. Reason: Used wrong description

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic registration
we use joomla login.

So you can turn the default joomla registration off, then kunena is also turned off

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by davem
Replied by davem on topic registration
Sorry for the delay getting back here.

I had discovered the Joomla shut off of registration. I only want it to stop the registration by way of Kunena.

When I turn off for Joomla, No one can register anywhere and that gives undesired results.

Is there another solution with Kunena?

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by 810

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic registration

davem wrote: I only want it to stop the registration by way of Kunena.

When I turn off for Joomla, no-one can register anywhere and that gives undesired results.

Is there another solution with Kunena?

The reply from 810 is basically correct. Kunena uses Joomla (or, perhaps, a Joomla extension you may have installed) for registering new accounts . You cannot disable account registration in Kunena but you can remove the link that people might use in Kunena if that is what you want to do.

We have discussed how to hide the registration link in this forum before.

I hope this extra information helps. :)

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds