Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved How to delete Spam threads

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by used guitars
Hi all, Im new to Kunena so Im not sure if configuration is right. I got some spam threads and now I can't find a way to delete them from the forum. I was able to delete the users but now I can't find a way to delete they're threads.

I did a search on this forum but did not see any results.

Can someone point in the right direction to delete these ?

Ok
Website, Used Guitars.co
Kunena, Ver 3.0.8
Joomla, Ver 3.4.1
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by used guitars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic How to delete Spam threads
Delete spamuser is not good. Better you ban the user. Click on avatar and then new ban. So you can delete easy all posts.

Another way, if you want delete complete topics: www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-4-0-feature-...ier-to-access#163602
But be careful! Permanently deleted topics cannot be restored. Is better if you choose only the option "Delete selected".
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to delete Spam threads

used guitars wrote: I got some spam threads and now I can't find a way to delete them from the forum. I was able to delete the users but now I can't find a way to delete they're threads. I did a search on this forum but did not see any results.

Rich has given you the basic answer to your question but there are a couple of other things I wanted to mention.

1) I produced a video tutorial about banning users over one year ago:

Video link: vimeo.com/83953421

2) The reason you may not have found the information you were looking for is because the search period defaults to "a year ago". If you change the search period to "any date" you may have found what you were looking for.

3) There is a subtle difference between the word "thread"—the word that you have used—and the word topic. I realise that this may be a sound a trifle pernickety, but it is preferable to use the word topic.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by used guitars
Rich, thank you for your response. I will try what you showed.

Appreciate it

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by joomlauser
Hello, what if spam message is added into existing topic?
Is the whole topic removed when we apply a new ban?
Kind regards
Piter

More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
Please see the image in my first reply. It will only be deleted all posts from this user.

More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by rich
Admins can also permanent delete user posts in the frontend.
1. Click on the user profile (avatar)
2. Depending on how many posts there are - click on More (see image 1)

1. Choose time period
2. Mark all
3. Choose Permanent Delete
4. Click on Go (see image 2)
5. Only posts from this one user will be deleted

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds