Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question After enabling "Send E-mails to Users", I have "Mail could not be instantiated" problem

More
9 years 10 months ago #21 by sozzled
This is what I wrote before:

sozzled wrote: According to your configuration report, your forum's email address is [email protected]. If you read the information on the line where you see Kunena Forum: Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum E-mail Address

This is the forum's e-mail address. If left empty, Kunena will use the default address from Joomla. Make this a valid e-mail address since all subscriptions and moderator notifications are sent from it.

Therefore you should either leave this field blank or you should enter a valid email address. Assuming that your website or forum email address is [email protected], are you certain that this is a valid email address? This address looks a bit suspicious to me.

If you have

Kunena Forum: Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum E-mail Address = [email protected]

... this is probably why you are getting those errors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #22 by sozzled
You can only send email from your website (including email from the forum) from a mail server that you have direct control over. If you do not have control over sending mail from the domain sample.com, you cannot send email from that domain and that is why you are getting the error messages "Mail Could Not Be Instantiated".

I could have been wrong before but it was my understanding that if you reset your configuration settings to their original default values (by using the Restore Default Settings link at the top right of the Kunena configuration page), this should have cleared the value in the setting:

Kunena Forum: Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum E-mail Address

More
9 years 10 months ago #23 by sozzled
According to your configuration report, your website is sample.com/forum2/

This site does not have a forum.

Did you edit your configuration settings report before you posted them?

More
9 years 10 months ago #24 by grant512
I've been using my personal email in kunena forum admin to other forum websites I built and no issues. If I use chrome and try to post topic my error will be "server error 500 something"

Right now my personal hotmail email is configured. This is really frustrating but thanks for your effort.

Again I have tried a fresh install with the same hosting and domain and NO ISSUES like this.

I don't know what to do now :(

More
9 years 10 months ago #25 by grant512

sozzled wrote: According to your configuration report, your website is sample.com/forum2/

Sample.com/forum2 does not exist.. I dont want to post my forum in public I hope you understand.
- Yes I edit and I follwed exactly. I also disable all plugins and still same result.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #26 by sozzled

grant512 wrote:

sozzled wrote: According to your configuration report, your website is sample.com/forum2/

Sample.com/forum2 does not exist.. I dont want to post my forum in public I hope you understand.
- Yes I edit and I follwed exactly. I also disable all plugins and still same result.

Please read "Confidential information" - what does that mean? . Also please see BBcode in the Wiki.

Only you and the forum moderators here can see what is in the confidential parts of your configuration report. If you do not believe me, go to any other topic on the forum, look for someone else's configuration report, and see for yourself.

I do not know what you have done on your website and I have been trying my best to help you but I can only help you by working with the information you provide us. If you don't want to provide us details about your website we respect your right to do that but it also means that our ability to help you efficiently and effectively - which, I assume is what you want - is severely hampered.

When you say you are getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors there are ways of resolving those, too.

In the meantime, do not try to use Hotmail accounts to send mail from Kunena and I think your "Mail could not be instantiated" problems will probably disappear.

Does that make sense to you?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #27 by grant512
I tried using other emails before ( my personal and office email) and same result. But I will do another test again as per advise.

Every different browser , gives different error result.

More
9 years 10 months ago #28 by grant512
Hi,

- I changed kunena admin email address - same result
- Whenever I post a topic while activating " Send E-mails to Users" 20-30 before it get posted.
then if I refreshed it topic will be posted and we received notifications too..

Can someone help me port to a new website all post and member's list?

All I need is proper subscription and members get notified.

Thank you

More
9 years 10 months ago #29 by sozzled

grant512 wrote: Can someone help me port to a new website all post and member's list?

Yes. I can do that. This is one of the services that I offer in order to generate a personal income. If you are prepared to pay me on a per-hour basis to perform this task for you, I will do that. You can write to me (my email address is located on the team page) and we can take this matter (of moving your forum from one site to another) offline.

More
9 years 10 months ago #30 by sozzled
*** Update *** There's a certain truth in the saying that you can solve 99.9% of every problem if you put a dollar sign in front of the answer. A week ago I was contacted by the person who started this topic in order to offer an estimate of the cost involved in moving his site from one hosting service to another. I replied (almost immediately) with details of how I proposed to attend to the matter, together with a note stating that I would make every effort possible to ensure that the move would occur without a hitch but that I would not guarantee that this "mail could not be instantiated" problem would disappear.

The truth is, of course, that to properly diagnose everything that could possibly go wrong is a skilled art and it requires time. The problems discussed in this topic have been ongoing for 2½ months (or more) and, if this was my business, I could not sit idly by and do nothing. The problems discussed in this topic have been discussed many times before in this forum (as any search would tell you).

The person who started this topic knows more about his website than anyone else does. Therefore, if someone else is invited to examine his site, one has to spend time trying to understand what has happened and (as we all know) time is money. I don't think that my fees or my contractual terms and conditions are too high; I don't think it's unreasonable that people should pay for my expertise.

The fact is that, after spending all the time that I've put into this topic and replying (by email) to the person who started this topic, the other end has gone dead. We may never know what caused the problem; we may never know if grant512 found a cost-effective solution.

The only conclusion I can draw from this topic is that I think I found the solution. The solution involves money. The fact that I even mentioned money seems to have "resolved" this problem. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds