Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question BBcode toolbar missing; preview feature missing

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1 by bitpt
This is a upgrade from a very old fireboard/kunena.

Upgrade first to 1.7 then for K3. [strike]First... menus missing, solved in forum tools.[/strike] *** Moderator's comment: This was answered in the topic Forum-Navigation is missing, coming from module "last forum posts" ***

By default i don't load any js, however when i need i load it with
in this case i try in initialize.php, kunena.php and directly in joomla, this is the code i use.
Code:
doc =& JFactory::getDocument(); $doc->addScript("/media/system/js/mootools-core.js") ; $doc->addScript("/media/system/js/mootools-more.js") ;

When i load, tabs in users work well, i'll try load mootools from kunena.org just for test.... the problem isn't mootols version.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bitpt. Reason: remove diagnostic data, spammers came from here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

bitpt wrote: By default I don't load any js, however when I need I load it ... [by hacking] ... initialize.php, kunena.php and directly in Joomla with ...

Code:
doc =& JFactory::getDocument(); $doc->addScript("/media/system/js/mootools-core.js") ; $doc->addScript("/media/system/js/mootools-more.js") ;

This is a unusual case and, in the five years that I have used Joomla, I have never heard of anyone attempting what you are trying to do. I do not know if your method works and I do not know the answer except for what we have written in Javascript and Kunena and Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena .

Perhaps someone else who does not, by default, load Mootools for their Joomla website (and who has gotten this to work) can help you.

Perhaps you might like to rethink your approach? :dry: My suggestion is to keep things simple, use Joomla and Kunena the way that they are normally used and you probably will not have these kinds of problems.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #3 by bitpt
Rethink... Why ?
Why i need mootools or other scripts with KB and more KB loaded ?
In older version(kunena), working until now, j-query loaded with forum start, i do this for each apps not only for kunena, i don't need joomla with 0293853298302984 apps, slow and slow. Put a visitor in countries like Brazil with many slow internet conections and a reply in forum need almost a week (joking).
Please, forget mootools load type.... mootools is loaded in forum, from joomla, from website, from kunena.org.. whatever.
It's working because tabs in users work well. Why bbcode and preview doesn't and some other functions.

Sorry my bad english, thanks in advance

PS: In doc "commom causes.... issues kunena" we can read this....

...Custom Kunena templates that do not load Mootools in initialize.php

If the Kunena default template works but a custom-designed template does not, please contact the author of that template...

Initialize.php is a template file.... everyone can do one, isn't a hack, i call it hack because change default template... when i load mootols from here, system working.
What is wrong i don't know but let me see if i find "THE BAD BYTE".
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bitpt.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

bitpt wrote: Why i need mootools or other scripts with KB and more KB loaded?

Joomla 2.5 needs Mootools.

bitpt wrote: In older version(kunena), working until now

In Fireboard, K 1.0 and K 1.5, there was a custom Javascript library (designed by the Kunena team) to make the forum work. This approach was changed in K 1.6 (see MooTools and Kunena 1.6 ). That is why those old versions of Kunena (and Fireboard before it) worked.

This change was necessary - and the decision was made to use Mootools after many hours of discussion with the Joomla development team - so that Kunena would continue to work alongside the developments taking place within Joomla at that time. In the future Kunena will rely on jQuery because that is the way that Joomla is heading.

As far as people saying that Mootools is slow, we have discussed that, too: see Complaints about Mootools . If you do not want to use Mootools that's your opinion and we respect that but, at the same time, the current version of Kunena needs Mootools if you want all the features of Kunena to work properly. If it is more important to you to not use Mootools then I am sorry to disappoint you: you will not be able to see the BBcode toolbar, the message preview and other features that use Mootools. That's not my opinion; that's a fact.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by bitpt
what a mess ...
Joomla just needs the mootools for some areas, developers have chosen to always load the mootools, wrong choice in my opinion, do not have to carry more than 300K if a visitor just wants to read an article with content without login. Am i see this right ? If somewhere need it, load to browse cache.

Regarding the Kunena, the problem appears when loading the mootools in the beginning of the template, loaded by default in joomla, anywhere.
Second, I understand that the K3 need the mootools, I use it or not ...
If I upgraded is because I intend to use, am I right?
But the big problem is that after the upgrade, does not work in any way.

plg or other scripts loaded that might interfere, no .... (google scripts .... I'll see ..).
Seems isn't gg scripts.
Caches browsers? cleaned .... no problems.

Let me see if a fresh install do the same..... (i'll back...)

Install a fresh joomla 2.5, beez template.
Language pt-PT by default
Installing K3

Same....

And now what ?? server :) internet connection ? :)
Varnish ? Nginx ?
i'm smiling but i lost 3 hours in this...
I need rethink if i wast more time with this...

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
The Beez3 template also causes problems with Mootools; this is a known issue in Joomla (see joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...m_id=32034&start=575 )
The following user(s) said Thank You: bitpt

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #7 by bitpt
I test with other templates, i think problem isn't template, i use one i made, first think ... test with others templates.

maybe found the problem... seems a path problem with url:base and url:current,
mootools are loaded, other away menus etc etc missing. But i saw shrink, gotop gobottom icons give wrong links... there are inconsistent links inside template or kunena, i don't know yet.

Phones are crazy right now, i hope later can find and solve this.

Thank you for your reply
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bitpt.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds