Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged K 3.0: cannot upload attachments - ADD FILE button does not work

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by HardstylerDK
I've got some problems trying to attach pictures to a topic, the buttons doesn't respond at all.

I've read that it could be a javascript or mootools problem, but can't figure it out - haven't got any module that loads it.

Here is my Report Configuration:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : leo_tech | author: LeoTheme.com | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Hope that one of you guys can help me out. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by HardstylerDK

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled

HardstylerDK wrote: I've read that it could be a javascript or mootools problem, but can't figure it out - haven't got any module that loads it.

This is taken from your website:
Code:
<script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/plg_system_sl_scrolltotop/js/scrolltotop_jq.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/mediaboxAdv.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/default.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/plugins/system/jcemediabox/js/jcemediabox.js?version=1110" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.elektroniktest.dk/templates/leo_tech/js/global.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.elektroniktest.dk/plugins/system/leofw/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://www.elektroniktest.dk/plugins/system/leofw/js/custom.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/com_acymailing/js/acymailing_module.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_universal_ajaxlivesearch/engine/dojo.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/dojo/1.6/dojo/dojo.xd.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_universal_ajaxlivesearch/cache/153/8aac5f839f28bca87dc3de2ab2469d85.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_jse_megamenu/assets/js/HoverIntent.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_jse_megamenu/assets/js/script.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/modules/mod_janewsticker/assets/script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
You cannot run a Joomla website without Javascript and you cannot run Kunena without the Joomla Mootools Javascript library.

Compare the list of files loaded on your Joomla 3.1.1 site with the following list (taken from a "vanilla-flavoured, no-frills, nothing-else-added site" were everything works):
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/mediaboxAdv.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/default.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Somewhere in the difference between your site (where 20 files are loaded) and the example site (where 8 Javascript files are loaded) lies the answer. If I had to guess, I would say the problem stems from either (or both) the "jse_megamenu", the "janewsticker" modules but, really, it could be anything. The general principle - to understand the issues involved - lies in Javascript and Kunena .

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by HardstylerDK
Just tried to unpublish both the janewsticker and the jsemegamenu, without any difference - still stuck.

The problem first began after updating from Kunena 2.x to Kunena 3.x.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

HardstylerDK wrote: Just tried to unpublish both the janewsticker and the jsemegamenu, without any difference - still stuck.

I was guessing. As I wrote, the cause could be anything that prevents the Javascript-activated file-select dialog running which, in turn, stops you selecting a file to upload and save as an attachment.

HardstylerDK wrote: The problem began ...

There should be no difference between the Javascript using in K 2.0 and K 3.0. Are you 100% sure that you have not added anything else to your site, between when you were using K 2.0 (when things worked) and now? :dry:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by HardstylerDK
I know buddy. :)

Yeah, 100% sure.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
If you believe that the upgrade from K 2.0 to K 3.0 caused this problem (and I don't really think that is likely) then you should be able to downgrade to K 2.0 from K 3.0 as long as you do not uninistall Kunena. Then you can tell us if this problem occurs with K 2.0. Does that sound like an idea?

See K 3.0 Upgrade Guide to learn more about how to downgrade to K 2.0.

More
10 years 7 months ago #8 by HardstylerDK
Just tried that, didn't work either - as Kunena 2.0.1 doesn't work on Joomla 3.x.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #9 by xillibit
Hello,

To detect which script is causing a conflict you need to disable all your plugins and modules, and re-enable them one by one by checking each time it it's work, like that you will find the culprit

Which browser are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #10 by HardstylerDK
Im using firefox.

The funny things is that it works if i click on the button at the top of it - but then if i want to delete the image i inserted it just opens the file manager window again, and also if i try to insert it.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by HardstylerDK.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds