Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question SEF issues with Kunena 3 on Joomla 2.5

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by Andyman
With SEF enabled in Joomla, I get 404 errors all over the place in Kunena 3. With it disabled, all seems to work correctly. I really want to use SEF... is there any way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by Andyman
Getting closer - the SEF issue seems resolved now. I read in www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_menu_issues that changing the Kunena menu items to type Menu Item Alias might work. Now the forum is accessible and I see no 404 errors with SEF enabled, but I have no forum menu. Very weird.

Any idea how I'd go about getting the menu back?

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by rich
Have you already tried to restore the Kunena menu? (Dashboard > Tools > Menu Manager > Restore Kunena Menu)

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by Andyman
Hitting the Restore Kunena Menu button brought my 404 problem back. :(

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by Andyman
Here's where it gets really weird. If I change the Kunena menu items to aliases and point them to themselves, the forum works fine with SEF enabled, but has no forum menu. If I do anything else with the Kunena menu, I get 404 errors all over the place. :blink:

This is making zero sense to me, and I have quite a lot of Joomla experience.

Any ideas?

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by rich
Please create a configuration report.

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by Andyman
Yeah, that would probably help, wouldn't it? :)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_tendo_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : JSN Tendo | author: Joomlashine Team | version: 2.1.0 | creationdate: 05/29/2013

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by rich
Code:
268 Forum topmenu view=home&defaultmenu=549 ccforum 377 test topmenu view=home&defaultmenu=518 guides/test
These two menu items must be the type "Alias"

More
10 years 10 months ago #9 by Andyman
I changed the first one to Alias and changed the second one to a separator (since I won't be using it to test the forum), but now the Forum link points to www.culdceptcentral.com/index.php/Contacts/forum and results in a 404 error. What is that about? Any idea?

More
10 years 10 months ago #10 by Andyman
This is driving me nuts. Is there a known bug with SEF in Joomla or something? I don't see how my Forum menu link is /index.php/Contacts/forum when it has nothing at all to do with Contacts. Is there a solution for this?

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds