Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged How do I change the order of topics in a category?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by darin
Is there a way to change the sort order for topics in a category. Forgive me if it is blatantly simple and I am just over looking it. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by darin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Similarly asked questions here: www.kunena.org/forum/search?q=Order%20to...only=1&childforums=1

You did not describe how you want to rearrange the topics within a category and so I am only guessing that the feature you want has not been implemented in the version of Kunena that you are using.

I hope this helps.

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by darin
I created two topics in a category. The first topic I created (in time) is the topic I want to have listed at the top. However, since the second topic I created is newer in time, it displays as the first topic listed.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Topics are listed in reverse chronological sequence - newest (most recently updated) topics are displayed at the beginning and oldest topics are displayed at the end. If you want to have specific topics listed at the beginning of the category index you should make them "sticky". I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by flakewind
Did this solution work for you, Darin?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #6 by IDontByte
Is there any way of controlling the sequence of topics displayed within a category?

The default sequence appears to be "newest first" which is fine for general discussion categories, but if I wanted to have categories that contained a set of predetermined topics I might want them in alphabetic order of "subject" or even "oldest first" if I were writing them in a specific order.

An example might be a category entitled "Club Rules" where I would want to number the rules, as separate topics, in an order of importance.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by IDontByte.

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

I hope the information earlier in this topic helps.

There is also an undocumented feature of Kunena that allows you to increase the level of "importance" or "stickiness" for certain topics. If you look at the table xxx_kunena_topics in the database, you will see that there is a column called ordering. This normally has the value of 0 for unstickied topics and 1 for stickied topics.

You can modify this value to give a different level of "stickiness" (using a number from 1 to 255) thereby making some sticky topics "more sticky" than others. In this way you could, for example, move topics higher up the chain. It's a little clumsy, perhaps, but it's one possible solution.

You can also use negative values for an interesting effect to move topics down the chain but you will also find that these topics appear stickied after all normal (unstickied) topics. :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds