Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How do you change the listing order of categories?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by mikefarr62
I did a search but did not find the answer to this so here goes. You use to be able to change the listing order of categories. I no longer see where I can change the order of how my categories appear on the index. You used to be able to in the category manager click on a category and move it up in its display order. So my question is if I create a new category and want it listed first is there a way I can do that?

Thanks and Happy New Year! :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
The answer probably depends on what version of Joomla you were using (when you were able to change the order of the categories before) and what version of Joomla you are using now.

It's always a good idea, when you post questions in this forum, to include your configuration report—see vimeo.com/69818669 to learn more.

Re-ordering Kunena categories in J! 3.x is done slightly differently to the way it was done in J! 2.5.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by mikefarr62
I was using 2.x when I did it before and now Im on 3.3.6.
I was also using an older version of Kunena and am now on 3.0.6.

Here is my configuration report - always happy to oblidge.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for the additional information. This is, as I suspected, more a case of "What has changed in Joomla 3.x?" than about "What's changed in K 3.0?".

The solution is >>> here <<<
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikefarr62

More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by mikefarr62
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds