Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can't Make Post

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by bluedog
Can't Make Post was created by bluedog
I am new to Kunena but not to forum software. I have installed and have created a categoty. When I click to start new topic, I get an error stating that I don't have permission. I am signed in as super user. Have played with the category settings and nothing works. Any ideas?

________________________________________________________________________________________

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : helion | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Can't Make Post
Hello,

First i advise you to update Joomla! to latest version which is the 2.5.24

Can-you make please a sceenshot of permission tab in a category where you are ecnountering this issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by bluedog
Replied by bluedog on topic Can't Make Post
Didn't realize that it was updated to the currant. I bought a template and it had joomla in the joomla in the package. I updated that. Attached the 2 screen-shots. One of the settings, the other of the main form, showing that the category is not showing. I assume that is why I am getting the error.
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can't Make Post
The most important problem that you have is identified in the second screenshot you posted where you see the message "There are no published categories in ." If you search the forum you will find that we've addressed this question before in the topic "There are no published categories in ." to "Registered Users" .

I hope this information helps you. If it doesn't answer your question, I suggest you look at Simple forum setup instructions in the Wiki.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #5 by bluedog
I have one category created with no parent. As you can see I have the category published.

Changed the category permissions to Access Level - Public
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bluedog.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Can't Make Post
Categories need "parents". You need to have a "parent" (or "container category")—we use the term section—in which you can create categories where you can create topics on your forum. Sections and categories are explained in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) .
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago #7 by bluedog
Made progress, Category shows. When I try to add topic. I get an error. "You dont have enough permissions to start a topic."

More
9 years 6 months ago #8 by bluedog
Fixed! I had that category locked. Its all working now. Thank you for the help.

Time to create page: 1.214 seconds