Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can't insert image into post with the "Insert" button

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by YonisHobby
Hi,

I have an issue with the latest Kunena forum installed over the latest Joomla.
When trying to insert an image into new post, pressing the "Insert" button will opent the browsing window again instead of inserting the already selected image.

Any idea how to solve this?
(The sh404SEF is disabled in the extensions list)

Thanks!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hot_wellness | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.3

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.1.0.1559

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
This problem is caused by a Javascript library conflict. The most likely explanation for this conflict is another Joomla extension that loads a Javascript library that stops Joomla's Mootools from working properly.

Also discussed in K 3.0: cannot upload attachments - ADD FILE button does not work

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by YonisHobby
Thanks for your response.
I read the post you referred to and start renaming JavaScript files till I left with the following list:
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/mediaboxAdv.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/kunena/js/default.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/js/editor.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Actually, beside the template JS file it's the same as the list suggested in the referred post. I also renamed the template file but still, the insert button doesn't work. I brought back the template file as without it the forum is almost non functional.

Can you advise on another way to solve this?

Thanks again.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Sometimes these kinds of problems can be solved quickly and sometimes these problems can take hours (or even days) to investigate to determine the exact cause of the problem. Sometimes the best way to approach the issue is to start over and create a brand new Joomla site by

1. Intall J! 3.2.2 and use the protostar template
  2. Setup Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
  3. Install K 3.0.4
  4. Test your new site to make sure that it works (and the Add File and Insert buttons behave the way they're supposed to work).

If this proves that a standard Joomla/Kunena setup works then you can add other extensions and, after you install each one, test that you can upload and insert attachments. You will eventually find the extension that causes Kunena to stop working.

This is also known as the " When all else fails, try this " approach.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
Did you resolve this problem ... or are you still struggling to make sh404SEF work for you?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #6 by YonisHobby
I disabled the sh404SEF extension, to many issues and I'm not sure the benefits worth it.
Still all 3 buttons (Add, Insert, remove) do the same and open the browsing windows to choose a file to upload. :(

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by YonisHobby
Hi again,

I upgraded the entire site to Joomla 3.4.4 and Kunena 4.0.5, checked the insert image function and it still doesn't work.

The same as in the past, pressing the "Insert" or "Remove File" buttons will simply open again a folder to look for an attachment. The same as the "Add File" does.

The only additional components I have on the site are the Sorcerer and UddeIM.

Any fresh idea hoe to solve this issue?

Thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

Which Kunena template are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by sozzled

YonisHobby wrote: I upgraded the entire site to Joomla 3.4.4 and Kunena 4.0.5, checked the insert image function and it still doesn't work.

Do you mean to say that for the last 1½ years you have not been able to insert any images into your forum?

This topic was started 1½ years ago (when people were discussing K 3.0). I agree with xillibit that it would help to discover more information about this strange situation. Your configuration report may help.

There also may be other reasons why you are continuing to have these problems with K 4.0. I do not think that the problem is connected with uddeIM or Sourceror (although it may depend on how you have employed Sourceror on your website). When you wrote that uddeIM and Sourceror were the only additional components on your site—this may be true—but these are not the only additional extensions on your site. You are not, for example, using the standard Joomla site template and you may be using other additional modules.

I do not know the answers to your questions. I can provide personal support but I cannot do it here on this forum.

More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by YonisHobby

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : hot_wellness | author: HotJoomlaTemplates.com | version: 1.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : | author: | version: | creationdate:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.5 | 2015-08-17 [ Turnau ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.1.0.1559

Plugins: None

Modules: None

The above is my current configuration report.
I wasn't able to insert images ever, I thought a major upgrade may solve the issue but it didn't in my case.

I'm using the Blue_eagle template and in the template settings marked "Yes" for "Blend with joomla Template"

The sh404sef shown in the configuration is actually disabled, I'll try to remove it totally. It is not used anymore.

Thanks for your assistance.

Time to create page: 2.479 seconds