Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Many emails to admin on same post

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by achartier
Whenever a new post is made to any category the admin is getting multiple copies of the notification(9) as well as the moderator action requests(2). Number in brackets is the number I receive.

The admin account is not a moderator nor is it subscribed to any topics. A quick sql search of the #__kunena_user_categories does not show any records for the admin ID.

I'm stumped, any ideas of where I should look? Configuration below:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : tk_responsi_free | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2 by larrykaiser
I get this as well

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
My advice is to update to K 3.0.4. You are probably getting multiple emails because one comes from the topic(s) and/or categories that you are subscribed to, and the other comes from categories that you have set to review new messages before they are displayed, i do not have any other suggestions at this time. It. Are these "multiple" emails all identical?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4 by achartier
Thanks Sozzled

The emails are identical and to the same email address. Note in my original post these emails are going to the administrator who is neither subscribed to any category or topic or is a moderator for any. The admin should not be getting any.

I will update to 3.0.4 and report back.

More
10 years 4 days ago #5 by achartier
Sorry for the delay in responding. Updated to latest 3.0.5, no change.

More
10 years 4 days ago #6 by sozzled
How many emails are you receiving about the same post?

Do you have samples of these emails? Can you provide us with pictures that show when these emails were sent, what was the subject and contents of those emails, please?

I am not sure why this seems to be happening. The information I ask for may give us some clues as to what is going on.

More
10 years 4 days ago #7 by achartier
OK. Here is an example of one that occurred last night. I received 10 notices of a new posting, each one identical. I have attached screen grabs of my inbox showing the 10 emails and a screen grab of one of the emails.

Note that the emails are addressed to the administrator email address and the administrator ID is not subscribed to any category or topics.
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #8 by sozzled

achartier wrote: The admin account is not a moderator nor is it subscribed to any topics.

According to the information contained in the image you posted in your last message, the email was generated because the account was subscribed to the category.

If you unsubscribe yourself from that category you will then not get that email. Please visit the category to unsubscribe.

It is a coincidence that the user account involved in this case happens to be the administrator account.

achartier wrote: The emails are addressed to the administrator email address and the administrator ID is not subscribed to any category or topics.

Yes, I read that, but the information within the email says:

You are getting this notification because you have subscribed into category.

I think you need to double-check your subscriptions.
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #9 by achartier
I did before I posted this the first time. The super user ID is 42. There are no records in either the #__kunena_user_categories or #__kunena_user_topics tables for this user_id, which is where I believe the subscriptions are stored. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by achartier.

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #10 by sozzled
I will check where the category subscriptions are stored. While I am checking, please go to your Kunena user profile (frontend or backend) and look there for any subscribed categories.

EDIT: You are correct. Subscribed users are stored in the tables _kunena_user_categories or _kunena_user_topics
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds