Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved After Update to 3.0.4: You are banned until today

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #1 by RandolphCarter2
Just as the title says, today, after upgrading my test site from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 I get above warning message("You are banned until today") for my administrative user in front- and backend.
In addition, in the frontend I'm not allowed to create new posts/answer to existing ones.

I checked in the Kunena backend, it doesn't show this user as banned.
I refreshed the page (hard-refresh, ctrl+F5), I cleared all cookies and logins. The problem remains.

I checked with another account - it doesn't get this message.
So it seems to be restricted to this one user; but I have no idea why the administrative user gets it. I can't be sure that no other user gets it, so I can't really update my live site yet.

Any hints as to what could cause this message? I checked in the database, there seems to be nothing special about this user in the kunena tables (banned has a value of 0000-00-00 00:00:00, just as any other user in the database). The user has the "moderator" flag set (it has value 1 in database). I tried clearing out all entries in #__kunena_users_banned, but that didn't change anything either (there was only a ban for another test user in there anyway).
I tried searching around a bit, the only thing I could find was that for other users this was either a temporary glitch or a thing of checking the "Remember me" checkbox during login.
I tried a few times now, and also with "Remember me" checked, nothing changed.

At no point before did I have this user banned or anything, and in 3.0.3 it still works, so this looks like a bug to me.

Edit: Just found this warning in my logs:
Code:
PHP Notice: Undefined property: KunenaAdminViewUsers::$items in /www/joomla/administrator/components/com_kunena/template/joomla25/users/default.php on line 84, referer: http://mydomain/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
Guess it could be related...

Any comments / hints / questions?

Edit 2: And now it just gets weird. I downgraded to version 3.0.3 (by restoring the database from a backup, and the files from version control), and it's still the same! Possibly that always occured on my test server. Doesn't occur on my production unit though. Is there any specific configuration that could cause this? I'm really baffled and out of ideas...
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by RandolphCarter2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by neujensl
this is a common problem when database for users is updated for upgrade

did you try the search option in this forum ?

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...pdate-2-x-3-x#147712

the data with all 000 in the date is not good .. I think all users are banned if they all have this value 0 . This should be a "NULL" value for the not banned users !
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, RandolphCarter2

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by RandolphCarter2
I thought I had tried the NULL value for banned column, but apparently on the wrong column. Possibly the value results from some problem with the data import into my test environment.

Thanks for your help!

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

What backup tool or migration tool do-you have used to upgrade to k3.0.4 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds