Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved "You are banned until Today" after update 2.x -> 3.x

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by Kubik-Rubik
Hello!

I had a small problem after the update from 2.0.4 to 3.0.2 and want to share the solution for it. Maybe somebody will also have this error.

Situation:

After the update from Kunena you see the error "You are banned until Today" in the frontend and backend, even for Super Users.

You can not unban the user via the backend.

Solution:

You have to go to the database (e.g. with phpMyAdmin) and open the table x_kunena_users and search for the field banned.

If no ban is active, then the field should contain NULL, but after the update I had the default values set to 0000-00-00 00:00. This is the reason for the ban error. Just change it back to NULL!

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks. Your solution is the same solution that affected people using K 2.0 and was discussed in the topic "You are banned until today" message - for many days - at my website .

Thank you for letting people know that this problem has a simple solution for users of K 3.0, too. :)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kubik-Rubik

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Kubik-Rubik
Ah, thank you for the link! Should search better next time... ;-)

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by IggyProm
I've seen those threads about changing this table value to null, but when I ban the user again and unban him back it becomes 0000-00-00 00:00 again. Is it a real solution?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #5 by coder4life
Interesting. Are you saying only if you manually unban the person this issue starts to happen?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by coder4life.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by IggyProm

More
10 years 4 months ago #7 by coder4life
We will investigate this, but before reporting this issue we need either another person to confirm or someone on our team to confirm it. Unfortunately time is a little tight for me at the moment so might before a few days to confirm if this is true.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

IggyProm wrote: I've seen those threads about changing this table value to null, but when I ban the user again and unban him back it becomes 0000-00-00 00:00 again. Is it a real solution?

I searched this forum for you and I found that, in some cases, this "you are banned until today" issue is not determined solely by what is in the _kunena_users table. The answer may lie in another database table, also. It may depend, for example, on whether you are using another Joomla extension. It may help if we knew more about your current configuration.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds