Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to create a separate announcements category?

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by vikey90
I am modifying a forum site and my client wants separate announcement page/category. I have no idea how to do so. Anyone's quick help will be appreciated. Please! :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, vikey90, and welcome to the community.

Do you mean something like the Official announcements and news about Kuena category that we have here at this forum? :dry:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vikey90

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by vikey90
Yes....something like that. But,then it should be on separate page,not with forum. can we do something like that??? Please help. Thanks!

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by vikey90
it would be kind enough if u direct me how to do so. thanks!

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
As an example, go to the Index page of this forum here.

You will see the first category is coloured green. The category name is Official Announcements and News about Kunena

You will see that, if you click the category name, this announcements category will open in a separate page with a list of all the topics that are contained in the category.

Is that what you would like to do, too?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by vikey90
No. Not this way. I just want to create an announcement page in the next tab,not on the first forum page. I hope u get me this time???

More
10 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled

vikey90 wrote: i just want to create an announcement page in the next tab ...

i'm sorry, but I don't understand. The "next tab" ... The next "tab" of what, please?

I am assuming that you know how to

(1) Create sections and categories in Kunena; and
(2) Create menu items in Joomla.

Have I assumed correctly?
The following user(s) said Thank You: vikey90

More
10 years 7 months ago #9 by vikey90
Yes,i know that,thanks. But what im trying to say is i actually wanted to create an announcement page.I guess showing with an image will be better.So,that way,you might get what i was asking for.Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

More
10 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
This is easy and these are the steps you need to take:

1) Using the Kunena Category Manager (in the backend), create a new category and call it "Official Announcements and News about CSO"

2) Give the category a description. Perhaps something like

We encourage everyone to subscribe to this category to receive important news by email about the latest news from this website.

3) Save the category and publish it.

4) Go to the front end of your forum, login and post a topic in this category.

5) If you do not want your users to comment on the topics in this category, go back to the Kunena Category Manager and edit the category, go the Category Settings tab and set Locked = Yes. Save the changes.

If you would like to have this category open in a new browser tab, add a new menu item in the kunenamenu menu with the following settings:

Menu Item Type = [Kunena Forum] Show Category
Category Id = Official Announcements and News about CSO
Menu Title = Announcements
Target Window = New Window With Navigation

Save the menu item. Go to the front end (refresh the page) and you should see your new "Announcements" menu item in the Kunena menu at the top of your forum page.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds