Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Locking a category ...

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Sparkybear
Hi all,

Am trying to get a new site setup with kunena 3. I think I might be having a problem... but maybe not....

Having created a category and then making it a "Locked" category, the category screen reports is as being a section. Is that what is supposed to happen, it never did that before in previous versions. ALso when it does that I cannot then go back into the category and make any choices as to polls, moderations etc.

I have attached some files to show what I mean.... "Forum1" shows the categories, as you can see with no locks.
"Forum2" shows that when I put a lock on "Site Announcements" it becomes a section.
"Forum3" shows that the "Site Announcements" in category view and shows that I can now only choose "Category Name and Description" and "Category Permissions".
"OldForum" shows what happened when you locked a category - ie it did NOT become a "section"

Can someone please help. I don't want to continue with the setup if I am doing something wrong OR their is a problem with my installation.

Thanks in advance

G

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_lumiere | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Locking a category ...

Sparkybear wrote: Having created a category and then making it a "Locked" category, the category screen reports is as being a section. Is that what is supposed to happen, it never did that before in previous versions.

As inconvenient as this may seem, this is actually how K 3.0 is designed to behave. Arguably, the design is not a perfect one, perhaps? ;)

This issue, and it's ramifications for moderating topics (that is, moving topics into a locked category that does not already have other topics in it), was discussed in Locked category ==> section . So, you see, this behaviour existed in a previous version of Kunena.

As far as other issues like "editing polls" are concerned, they are different and off-topic to this particular question.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparkybear

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Sparkybear
Replied by Sparkybear on topic Locking a category ...
Thanks once again Sozzled......

I got my head round it now, thanks. I think it is one of those things that you could make it work any way and it wouldn't suit for another reason.

Anyway, I now know fully how to work around it which isn't that great a problem.

Brilliant as usual mate, thanks

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds