Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Locked category => section

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by modernmagic
After upgrading to Kunena 2.0.2 I have lost the ability to move topics into a locked category.

The category lock description states, "Set to Yes if you want to lock this category. Nobody but Moderators and Admins can create new topics or replies in a locked category (or move posts to it)."

Any idea what I need to look at to get this working again?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by modernmagic
Replied by modernmagic on topic Move to Locked Category
This looks like the issue:

Some categories are considered Sections and other are not. In the attached screenshot the Olive Grove Category has a sub category titled "Archived Jobs". The same "Archived Jobs" sub category under "Stellar Mock Community" is considered a "Section".

I can see the difference in the backend or how to make all the sub categories not be sections.

I thought sections were only the categories in the Top Level.

I think this happened when I updated kunena from 1.7 to 2.

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by modernmagic.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by modernmagic
Here is the backend for the problem Archived Jobs sub category that is functioning like a section.

modernmagic.com
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Move to Locked Category
If you create a category and do not have any topics in it and then lock it, you create a section. You cannot post in a section. What you need to do is create a category, place a message in the category and then lock it. After that your moderators/administrators can post more topics or move other topics into that category.

It's a little tricky, I know, but it works. ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by modernmagic
That did the trick.

Thanks

modernmagic.com

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by ktbgreat3
Replied by ktbgreat3 on topic Move to Locked Category
Hi there,

I was sent here after asking a question in a forum, about not being able to post in my categories, even though they are in sections already.

If you create a category and do not have any topics in it and then lock it, you create a section. You cannot post in a section. What you need to do is create a category, place a message in the category and then lock it. After that your moderators/administrators can post more topics or move other topics into that category.

I tried to follow these tips, but I still never get a place where I can leave a message.

Any tips?

Cheers
Katie

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by modernmagic
1. Do you have a link to your site?
2. Are the categories published?

modernmagic.com

More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by ktbgreat3
Replied by ktbgreat3 on topic Move to Locked Category
Oh I just realized why sorry! You have to be logged in, even to see the buttons!

Thanks for helping me through this :)

Cheers
Katie

More
11 years 3 months ago #9 by saldsl
I think I hit an error in Kunena 2.0.2.
I was trying to create a new category under a section (not under the main level). If I create a new category as "closed" I can see it in the forum as a normal closed category as the others, but in kunena administration is showed as a section (see categories id 27 and 29 in attached screenshot).

Blocked categories created previous to Kunena update from 1.7 are showed correctly (see id 24). If I unblock the category it returns to be a category (see id 28), but I can only do that in the main view because in the edit category view it shows only section related menus.
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Move to Locked Category
*** Topics merged ***

See the response I gave in msg #4 above.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds