Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Borders missing from tabs in Kunena profiles (Blend with Joomla = Yes)

More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by GT3
Good Morning,

I have a problem with the Tabs in the User Profile section of Kunena disappearing. It doesn't matter what template I use, but whenever I select "Blend with Joomla Template" from the Template Manager in Kunena, and then go to the User's profile, the tabs have disappear, but the text and links are still there.

Is it easy to get them back?

Many thanks, Steve :)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : purity_III | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by GT3

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by 9themestore
Hi GT3,

I can help you check this issue but I think you should provide me a test account.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by GT3
Hello,

Thank you for your offer of help! :) Here's a test user account for you;

test.msalof.com

Username:User
Password: qwerty

Please let me know when have finished using it and I will delete it.

Many thanks

Steve

More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by Pinkeltje
One solution is to add !important to border in components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css
#Kunena dl.tabs dt {
  border-left: 1px solid !important;
  border-right: 1px solid !important;
  border-top: 1px solid !important;
  float: left;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 4px 6px;
}

More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by GT3

Pinkeltje wrote: One solution is to add !important to border in components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

#Kunena dl.tabs dt {
  border-left: 1px solid !important;
  border-right: 1px solid !important;
  border-top: 1px solid !important;
  float: left;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 4px 6px;
}

Hello Pinkeltje,

Thanks for your post, yes that does work - but looks rather crude. Is there a way I can give these tabs the same styling as the others on the Profiles change?

I think this is a bug because it doesn't matter what Joomla! template I use, on either 2.5 or 3.2 the problem is there..

Thanks for your help! :D

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

GT3 wrote: I think this is a bug because it doesn't matter what Joomla! template I use, on either 2.5 or 3.2 the problem is there.

What do you mean that you think this is a bug? If you choose the "blend with Joomla" option in the Blue Eagle template, this means that you effectively throw away most of the formatting styles that are used in the Blue Eagle template. You are simply exercising your freedom to choose.

I would not describe the absence of borders around <DL> or <DT> elements as a "bug". These HTML elements are not normally bordered.

If you want bordered "tabs" you can use the Blue Eagle template with the option Blend with Joomla = No

... or ...

If you use Blend with Joomla = Yes, you can add extra CSS rules to your Joomla site template to make it the Blue Eagle template look however you would like it to look. Despite what people may write, we do not recommend making changes to any of the original Kunena source files ... including the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css. Instead of making the changes suggested by Pinkeltje to that file, try adding those lines of CSS to the end of your Joomla site template instead. ;)

There is also another option: you could write your own Kunena template from scratch! ;)
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds