Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Setting Default Font Size for Messages

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone!

I'm finding the Default Font Size for Messages to be very small and am wondering if there's a way to globally adjust this one notch upward.

I know how to adjust font size for each individual message but do not know if it is possible to do a global font change. Not seeing it in the config settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by Mortti
There is not config setting for that but this sozzled answer should help you
www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-templates-arc...ase-font-size#146686

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by 9themestore
Hi,

I think you need style the font size and color of the message by CSS. You can control the style of its (Font size, color, background of message,...).

Regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I probably do not need to add anything to this topic. Mortti and 9themestore have covered it fairly well.

There is no Kunena configuration setting to adjust font-size. Indeed, there is no "configuration setting" (as such) to adjust the font-size in Joomla, either. The font-size that applies to a Joomla website is defined by the site template CSS; Kunena inherits the attributes of this font-size (well, that's only partly true - the font-size is set at 1em ).

Therefore, if default "body" font-size is undefined (which, is true in your case) then the font-size used in your forum is whatever the default size used by a person's web-browser. So, if your web-browser is set to render fonts at 16pt that's what you will get. But you also have to remember that not all font families render the same "sized" font with the same width and height attributes as one another.

That takes care of the general theory (I trust), but the practicality in defining a different font size used on messages in your forum (as opposed to the "size" of font used elsewhere on your website) is easy enough to do in CSS as Mortti and 9themestore have already written. Does this get you started on the path to a solution?

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds