Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Mobile Responsive Menu Problem w/ Kunena (Update: Not just mobile but desktop too!)

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #1 by cmantis
I have a weird problem I can't seem to figure out. When I am accessing my site from a mobile phone and the responsive select box is being used when I select 'forums' (my main menu title for Kunena) it goes to the forums but the name stays 'gallery' (which is my first menu item) in the menu. Every other main menu item changes to its name when I select it except for Kunena. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is? I have also tried it with DJ Menu and same thing on mobile. Of course on computer the menu title says 'forums'. The select box title is correct but the drop down box title is wrong. Hopefully someone can help me figure this mystery out. Thanks in advance.

I posted my report below and you can see for yourself if you access my site on mobile I choose forums.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by cmantis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by cmantis
Here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_leviathan | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by 9themestore
Hi cmantis,

I think, with this problem you should post your site url here and upload a screenshot of your bug.

Regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4 by cmantis
Sorry I figured the website name was in the report but I guess its hard to see. It is popcorals.cloudaccess.net/ again the problem is with the mobile menu. When any other main menu item is active the name in the drop down box reflects the correct menu item title except 'forums'. I have tried making new menu items and also renaming to other than forums but still it says 'gallery' instead. (Note: I hid the 'home' in a hidden menu hence why 'gallery' is the default when you go to the homepage). Here are the screen shots so you can see what it looks like when 'forums' are active and then when another page is:

(In the selectbox menu 'forums' was chosen but 'gallery' is displayed in menu)

(In the selectbox menu 'gallery' was chosen and 'gallery' is displayed in menu)

Here is another one for reference (this is the 'guides' section):

*It is only the 'forums' section that doesn't display correctly in the menu. It says 'forums' in the actual select box but not in the menu.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by cmantis.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled

cmantis wrote: When I am accessing my site from a mobile phone and the responsive select box is being used when I select 'forums' (my main menu title for Kunena) it goes to the forums but the name stays 'gallery' (which is my first menu item) in the menu.

First of all, g'day and welcome to Kunena, cmantis. :)

The subject of this topic "mobile responsive menu problem with Kunena" may confuse some people. I will try to summarise and explain my understanding of the issue.

When you say "the name stays 'Gallery'" (I see what you mean) this is a function of your Joomla site menu, not the Kunena menu.

The following screenshots may help:

In your case, the name "Gallery" is the first menu item in your main Joomla menu; it may or may not be the active menu item, but it's the first one. Perhaps, depending which Joomla menu item you select, your Joomla mobile responsive template (from Rockettheme) may display the correct menu item that is active at the time but, if you will also notice exactly the same thing if you look at this website ( www.kunena.org ), too; this website also uses a Rockettheme template. You will also see the first menu item in the main Joomla menu used on this site ("Home") even if you visit the Forum page.

The K 3.0.3 Blue Eagle template was the first template design released to the public developed by the Kunena team. The team knows that this is not the best mobile/responsive template that could have been built; the K 3.0.3 Blue Eagle template is an interim stage in the evolution of a truly responsive template for Kunena. A lot more work needs to be done before things are finished.

In my opinion the problem we are discussing is an irritation but not a serious defect. Whether this particular matter will be resolved or not, I cannot say. I'm not a developer, I'm just a user. :)
Attachments:

More
10 years 5 months ago #6 by cmantis
Thanks for the response. I added the 'home' menu back in and you are correct when I select the Kunena forums it is displaying the first (in this case 'home') menu item. It just seems strange that when any other menu item is selected it displays the correct menu item just not Kunena. Thats why I turned here.

More
10 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
The issue is not isolated just to what you see on a mobile phone display. It also happens on desktop displays, too. To be honest, I'm not sure if I know the reason why this occurs. :laugh:

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by cmantis

sozzled wrote: The issue is not isolated just to what you see on a mobile phone display. It also happens on desktop displays, too. To be honest, I'm not sure if I know the reason why this occurs. :laugh:

You know I just realized this and was coming back to post. It doesn't stick on the desktop menu either. That is why mobile menu is messed up. Usually when a menu item is selected the menu is highlighted and in my case has an arrow however (only) with Kunena it remains blank as if it wasn't even selected. Hope that gets sorted in an upcoming update.

More
10 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
It's not Kunena bug really. Its a limitation in menu module as it cannot associate alias into the real menu item.

Currently the only way to fix this issue is to move kunena menu items into your main menu and replace the alias in there.

The feature worked in Joomla 1.5, but somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 Joomla broke it. The feature itself is rather easy to implement... Not sure why it's not in there anymore.

More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by cmantis

Matias wrote: It's not Kunena bug really. Its a limitation in menu module as it cannot associate alias into the real menu item.

Currently the only way to fix this issue is to move kunena menu items into your main menu and replace the alias in there.

The feature worked in Joomla 1.5, but somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 Joomla broke it. The feature itself is rather easy to implement... Not sure why it's not in there anymore.

I am not sure that I follow. Are you suggesting I move the entire forum menu into my joomla main menu? Really I just want to get the 'Kunena' joomla main menu item to be highlighted like other main menu items when selected and display the proper name (in my case 'Forums') in the mobile menu.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds