Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Random post kunena module

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #60004 by joomlauser
Hi
Does Kunena Team plan to develop module that has the option to show Random Posts From chosen category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #60005 by xillibit
Hello,

This kind of feature isn't planned actually, but is this realy useful ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #60015 by joomlauser
In my opinion Yes, because it allows to refresh some topics, or find some people interesting posts, which were created long time ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #60253 by baijianpeng
I also think this is a good idea to attract more visits/hits.

We can publish such a Random Topics module between posts boxes, then visitors may see topic titles from other forums when he reading the topic in current forum.

Think about this: the visitor may come to the current topic from Search Engine, after reading this topic, maybe he will leave your website. But if he saw some Random Topic title links between the posts boxes, one of those topic may attract him to click. And then, when he reading this new topic, he will see other title links for other topics bwteeen posts boxes. And so on, in this way, the visitor may stay longer in your forum, and maybe, he will want to join in!

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal
Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by baijianpeng.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #70262 by joomlauser
I know that this kind of modul was avaliable some time ago. When I fint it I will attached to this topic. Maybe someone will adjust it for Kunena needs.
Regards

I found this module. It is called: and can be mod_MosDashBoard4SB110c.zip downloaded here .
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by joomlauser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #91132 by baijianpeng
Recently, I pondered on this idea a lot. And I now have some new ideas to improve and enhance this module.

At first, I want to give two types of function to this "random topic" module.

1. show random topic (with option: exclude or include unreplied topics) to attract attension.
2. show random un-replied topics ONLY: to encourage users to reply them.

And, I also want to add new filters:

1. exclude current topic

You know, kunena has some module positions between posts, so I can publish this Random Topic module just below the first or second post of a topic. In this case, we must avoid to show the current topic on this "random topic list".

2. Only from same category/section

When we showing random topics, maybe the topics in the same section/category is more appealing. So we can use this filter to avoid topics from other subforums.

Hope Kunena team will make such a Random Topics module soon.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds