Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Get forum editor content through jQuery and append some text to the editor content

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by mpkumar
Hi,

Need to get the bbcode editor content using jquery and then append some text to that content and insert into the bbcode editor again. Please guide me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Kunena is using Mootools and it will be a hard work to convert bbcode function to use jQuery.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by roland76
Hello,

I'm also thinking to disable mootools on my homepage.
Kunena is the only component that I use that already need Mootools.

Could you tell me where mootools is used in frontend or how can I search for it in the files with a text editor? At the moment I see that only the editor isn't working anymore without it.

Thanks for help.

Greetings, Roland

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

roland76 wrote: Could you tell me where mootools is used in frontend or how can I search for it in the files with a text editor? At the moment I see that only the editor isn't working anymore without it.

I think that the information in msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first will help you understand what will not work if you disable Mootools. I hope this helps.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by xillibit

roland76 wrote: Hello,

I'm also thinking to disable mootools on my homepage.
Kunena is the only component that I use that already need Mootools.

Could you tell me where mootools is used in frontend or how can I search for it in the files with a text editor? At the moment I see that only the editor isn't working anymore without it.

Thanks for help.

Greetings, Roland

Mootools is used in many places in Kunena :
  • Polls
  • Autocompleter in search when you start filling user field
  • For attachments upload
  • For handle some bbcodes function: spoiler, preview
  • For select all boxes in some view: recent discussions, and in profile tabs

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds