Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Autosubscription Plugin

More
11 years 5 months ago #31 by achartier
Replied by achartier on topic Autosubscription Plugin
Hi Viktor,

I tried removing the user via User Manager and Kunena does not remove the subscriptions from the database. This is why I suggested that the plugin should do it.

I tried to post to your forum but it would not allow me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #32 by Kubik-Rubik
Replied by Kubik-Rubik on topic Autosubscription Plugin
Okay, I will think about this feature. Sounds useful!

You have to enable the free support subscription, then you may use the free support section.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

More
11 years 5 months ago #33 by Kubik-Rubik
Here we go! :-)

Version 2.5-2 released:

+ Execute the plugin in the backend
+ Remove subscriptions - Remove all category subscriptions if the user is deleted completely

Have fun!

joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/ask-aut...scription-for-kunena

kubik-rubik.de

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #34 by achartier
Plugin works as advertised. Thank you Viktor.

Attached is a php file that will subscribe all users of a specific joomla group to all of their authorized categories. It tests to ensure each user is authorized and checks to see if the subscription already exists before adding it. Much of the code to do this was copied from Viktors plugin.

Works only on Kunena Versions 2 and Joomla 1.6->2.5. All disclaimers apply. Backup your site before performing any of these actions.

To use this get yoursef a copy of Jumi and install it.

In Jumi Application Manager (Components->Jumi) create a new application. Give it a name such as Subscribe All. Open the attached zip file and copy and paste the php code into the custom script field. Change the $grpname to the Joomla group you wish to have the script process. Save the application.

Create a new menu of type Jumi Application and point it to the application you created. You will want to set an access level to restrict its use.

Go to your front end and call the menu. The script will summarize the number of users processed and insertions made.

File Attachment:

File Name: sub-all.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by achartier. Reason: Added versions and disclaimer

More
11 years 5 months ago #35 by Kubik-Rubik
Hi Achartier,

thank you for your feedback.

Maybe you should also write a small plugin which would be easier to handle for beginners?

Regards

kubik-rubik.de

More
11 years 5 months ago #36 by achartier
The problem with a plugin for this application is when and how to run it. Force subscribing all users to all permitted categories is likely a one-time or very infrequent task (once the autosubscription plugin is installed of course). It could be created as a component and run from the admin side but at this point quite a lot more time than I am able to invest right now.

I hope the instructions are clear enough that most admins can make it work. If not they can come here for help.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds