Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by Neocold
What I have done is made a hack to integrate your Kunena Karma with your JomSocial Karma.

This means that your JomSocial Karma points will be displayed on the forums (and if you are using the Kunena Profile the JS Karma will also display in the Kunena Profile). If your karma is increased on the forums with the + or decreased with the - your JomSocial Karma will be changed accordingly.

NOTE: I personally have only tested this with JomSocial 1.8.9 and JomSocial 2.0.2 and Kunena 1.6.1

You can download the hack at my website, where any updates will be posted.

www.coldsystems.net/softwarecode/jskki

A note to the Kunena Moderators: I realize this is a hack and not an extension, however, there still is not a "K 1.6 Hacks, Tricks, Tips" forum as there is for K 1.5 if you guys would be so kind as to create one for K 1.6 and then move this thread to it that would be excellent! Thank You!

Maker of:
JomSocial and Kunena Profile Integration
JomSocial and Kunena Karma Integration
Both are available at my website.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Neocold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, Joschik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by michaell
Wow! My website finally makes sense! I implemented this and it's TERRIFIC!! No more double points/karma systems for users on the same site!

Kunena and Jomsocial are like to good people forced to get married because everyone thought the prom king and queen would make a great couple. Over the rocky years their parents did what they could to help them get together and get along ... and there was progress ... but they just insisted on doing their own thing, keeping their own friends, separate bank accounts, etc.

Finally one day a stranger cared enough to take the time to sit down with them and help iron out their biggest obstacle. With some simple fixes in place, they all at once reached maturity, people now smile when they see them together, and the world makes sense again for millions!

(Kunena and Jomsocial Devs: Please incorporate this fix as a standard option)

Neocold, thank you SO much for taking the time to implement this!

:laugh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by Neocold
michaell,

Thank You for the kind words.

As for the Devs incorporating this fix, it would be very simple for the Kunena Devs as my hack only changes Kunena files. Why they haven't implemented this very simple fix already is beyond me.

Maker of:

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by woonydanny
Kunena devs pretty please look into this :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

Neocold wrote: A note to the Kunena Moderators: I realize this is a hack and not an extension, however, there still is not a "K 1.6 Hacks, Tricks, Tips" forum as there is for K 1.5 if you guys would be so kind as to create one for K 1.6 and then move this thread to it that would be excellent! Thank You!

Thanks for the idea and the contribution.

We've discussed the idea of having a "K 1.6 Hacks, Tricks and Tips" category and we feel that this is not yet appropriate to do so at this time. Even though K 1.6 is a stable product, there is a considerable amount of effort being put into improving this stability even further. Considering that these improvements are ongoing at an extraordinarily fast pace, in my opinion (and I'm happy for people to disagree with me), I would suggest that it would be a little unwise if users start embarking on lots and lots of hacks and changes until the basic structure solidifies.

K 1.6.2 is soon to be released and many more problems, pitfalls and issues reported by users have addressed by this later version.

On the one hand, the development team welcomes the suggestions, ideas, workarounds and all contributions made by the community to improve Kunena. On the other hand, the development team is unable to respond to each and every request made by users to provide hacks or software changes that address individual needs. However, where those individual needs find a broader level of enthusiastic support from within the community, the development team may take those ideas on board and incorporate them in future versions of Kunena. And, in this way, Kunena grows. :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by Azure
Well done, Neocold! Great solution!

As you're probably aware after your direct intervention with bedding your other excellent hack in for me, I have changed the Kunena Karma to an 'applaud' system, completely disabling negative karma so that only positive feedback can be given to a poster. I am using Jomsocial to display member profiles but because of the craziness of operating two different karma systems, switched the JS one off.

Could your hack be tweaked to display my 'applaud' (positive karma) count on the JS profile page without having to set up the JS karma system? Further, would it be feasible to be able to include Kunena 'thank you's' received and given on the Jomsocial profile page?

Cheers,

Azure

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

The best way is to made a Joomla! plugin which can do this more easily.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by Azure
I'm not a maker but a put'er'in'er. :lol:

xillibit wrote: Hello,

The best way is to make a Joomla! plugin which can do this more easily.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by Neocold

Azure wrote: Well done, Neocold! Great solution!

As you're probably aware after your direct intervention with bedding your other excellent hack in for me, I have changed the Kunena Karma to an 'applaud' system, completely disabling negative karma so that only positive feedback can be given to a poster. I am using Jomsocial to display member profiles but because of the craziness of operating two different karma systems, switched the JS one off.

Could your hack be tweaked to display my 'applaud' (positive karma) count on the JS profile page without having to set up the JS karma system? Further, would it be feasible to be able to include Kunena 'thank you's' received and given on the Jomsocial profile page?

Cheers,

Azure

I might be able to do this, I will take a look in the next few days and see what I can do.

Maker of:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azure

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by Azure
Thanks Neo! ;)

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds