Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] How to maintain Gender, Birthday... and other Kunena fields - with CB integration?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by Yxos
If you run Kunena with Community Builder (CB) integration, then Kunena takes you to the CB profile instead of the Kunena profile.
This of course means that no users are able to maintain standard Kunena profile fields like Gender, Birthey etc. Instead you may maintain a selection of CB user fields of your own choice.

The problem is that the sidebar i Kunena forum shows these fields; or it tries to. The result is that everybody appear as "no gender" and so on - because there is no way the user can maintain these fields.

The question was up before, and sozzled answered it this way...:

sozzled wrote: www.kunena.org/forum/12-community-builde...icons-in-forum#99028
You can change the gender by changing your Kunena user profile. However, because you are probably using Community Builder for your user profiles, you need to find a way to create a CB gender field and map it to Kunena. This is more of a CB issue than a Kunena issue but it's not really too difficult to do...

I REALLY would appreciate if somebody did this, and can explain how to, because I don't find particulary easy... :dry:

I run Joomla 1.7 with CB 1.7.1 and Kunena 1.7.0.

/Yxos, Kunena Translator, da-DK.

Overvej at abonnere på kategorien www.kunena.org/forum/48-Danish
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Yxos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by s3ph1roth
I've run into the same problem today, but it's been a fairly easy one to overcome.

First off, begin by creating as many Community Builder fields as you need. I personally have made 2, a "date" field called "Birthday" and a Gender field basing myself off the first 2 points given in this post www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/15...nder-specific-avatar

Now, get in the Plugin Management tab of CB. Look for the "Forum integration" plugin and edit it.
In the parameters, set "Forum component" as "Kunena", of course.
As "Sidebar Mode", choose "Beginner". You'll see a load of new fields popping up, taken directly from your Kunena profiles. Here you can choose the CB fields to redirect them to.

Simply select your previously created Birthday field for Birthday, and so on. You can even make new fields for MSN/Yahoo/Facebook and all of the others.
The fields can be normally modified in the CB profile, and will now correctly show up in the Kunena forum as icons ;)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by s3ph1roth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yxos

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by lucablue
Hi,
I've created into Community builder the param cb_gender to specify as radio button to make the choice Male or Female.

But near the posts of my users appear "no specified" under the icon of gender. How can I resolve this issue?

The same with the icon of birthday... no icon for birthday under the avatar into the forums
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by lucablue. Reason: OPS... sorry, I've put it in a wrong thread... can you move it for me?

More
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Yxos

sozzled wrote: Set Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = Kunena.

You can now easily change the gender icon, location, birth date and other things used in the forum.

Yes, but I am afraid that is what we don't want. We deliberately set Profiles and User List = Community Builder because we wanted the integration to CB, and thats where the problem lies.

/Yxos, Kunena Translator, da-DK.

Overvej at abonnere på kategorien www.kunena.org/forum/48-Danish

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #6 by fribse
I'm trying to make kunena show the right fields in the sidebar profile in kunena.
It keeps showing 'Køn: ukendt' (Gender: unknown).
I've set the field in the CB plugin to point to the right field in CB.

No matter what I set up in the CB plugin, it shows the same, and it keeps showing the gender icon, even if I set it to 'select field' in CB.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : themza_j16_01 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 07 May 2011

Kunena default template details : DKDB | author: Dykkerklubben Dannebroge | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-03-06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by fribse.

More
12 years 1 week ago #7 by lucablue

Yxos wrote:

sozzled wrote: Set Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = Kunena.

You can now easily change the gender icon, location, birth date and other things used in the forum.

Yes, but I am afraid that is what we don't want. We deliberately set Profiles and User List = Community Builder because we wanted the integration to CB, and thats where the problem lies.

THIS!

How can report icon of gender, birthday and so on using Community Builder Profile???

More
12 years 1 week ago #8 by Paladin Brewer

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.13 | creationdate: October 21, 2011

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0 | Kunena Stats 1.7.0 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Hello. I use Kunena and also Community Builder, and I use CB's profile. I upgraded both Kunena and CB. Now Gender on the forum displays as "Unknown," however it worked fine before upgrades. I was wondering if the upgrade to Kunena 1.7.2 would have made any changes that might effect this.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9 by sozzled
You can change the gender by changing your Kunena user profile. However, because you are using Community Builder for your user profiles, you need to find a way to create a CB gender field and map it to Kunena. This is more of a CB issue than a Kunena issue but it's not really too difficult to do.

You can map the CB website and CB location fields to Kunena. Your issue is given more treatment in Cannot integrate CB custom fields to Kunena using cb.simpleboardtab plugin .

Alternatively, you can set Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = Kunena.

Sometimes the choices to use certain kinds of user profiling systems (e.g. Community Builder, or AlphaUserPoints or JomSocial) have extra costs involved in order to make your forum as "fully functional" in areas such as this one. I hope some of this helps you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yxos

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds