Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question HTML Validation

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1 by wayward7171
HTML Validation was created by wayward7171
Not strictly a bug I would say - so feel free to move the thread ..

After trying to html validate my forum I get:

1. Error Line 338, Column 29: ID "jumpto" already defined

<form id = "jumpto" name = "jumpto" method = "get" target = "_se

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).

2. Info Line 96, Column 28: ID "jumpto" first defined here

<form id = "jumpto" name = "jumpto" method = "get" target = "_se

3. Error Line 346, Column 26: ID "catid" already defined

<select name="catid" id="catid" class="inputbox fbs" size="1" onchange = "if(th

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).

4. Info Line 104, Column 25: ID "catid" first defined here

<select name="catid" id="catid" class="inputbox fbs" size="1" onchange = "if(th

Which I alterations do I need to make?

Thanks a lot - You are doing really good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:HTML Validation
You're right, it's not strictly-speaking an error but it means that your HTML is a bit odd; some browsers may have trouble parsing it but it shouldn't affect code execution.

You're saying there are two FORMs on and two SELECTs on the page. If there isn't any scripting or CSS referring to the IDs of these elements then you could easily change the ids to "jumpto1" and "jumpto2" and, likewise, "catid1" and "catid2". However, one should ask, why bother? Is this affecting the way the page behaves or are you merely trying to have your HTML code scrupulously W3C standards compliant? As it's probably not your fault, I shouldn't worry about it.

Where's this "malformed" HTML code in Kunena? The developers might be interested.
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3 by wayward7171
Replied by wayward7171 on topic Re:HTML Validation
Yes, there is not a problem, I 'm just trying to be compliant.

at ... /lib/kunena.forumjump.php, the align property in the span is not compliant
in the same file I reckon a "class" should be used instead of an "id"

cheers

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds