Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [SOLVED] Fatal error: Cannot use object of type CKunenaConfig as array

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #1 by qenny
I followed the instructions for upgrading from Fireboard. When I tried it on my development site, it went smoothly. When I tried it on my production site, disaster! The recent posts module correctly shows the most recent posts, but any attempt to access the board results in this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type CKunenaConfig as array in /home/indocili/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/Kunena_config.php on line 3

Accessing all the back end stuff is fine, editing the configuration is fine, it's only when attempting to access the board that this error comes up.

I tried removing all messages from the board (by truncating jos_fb_messages and jos_fb_messages_text). That helped, in so far as I could get as far as seeing the board. However, any attempt to add a new message generated the same error.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated - I'd rather not have the board down for long, because it will take the shine off an otherwise successful launch.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by fxstein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by Matias
We just fixed this bug. I don't know the details, but I've pointed your message to someone who knows how to fix it.

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by fxstein
Hi,

Sorry about that. Kunena_config.php is actually not used by Kunena itself. It is an old depreciated file mimicking the old file based configuration of FIreBaord, this file will be removed by the next major release.

If you get an error from that file, it means that you must be running an old FireBoard module or mambot. Try disabling all other FireBoard related modules or mambots and it should work right away. No need to drop any messages or threads for this.

Once it works, enable the modules or mambots one at a time to find the one that is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago #4 by qenny
Many thanks for your help with this. My forum is now back online and working, although I did have to disable the Latest Posts module that I was using.

It was odd, though - the latest posts module (which looked like it had been tweaked to work with Kunena) seemed to do its job even when the forum itself wasn't working. Still, switching it off has made all the difference.

I'll keep an eye out for an update or a new version of the thing, because it's a really useful one to have on the site.

Cheers

Kenny

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Hurr1c4n3
Just delete the Kunena_config.php file and the latest post module will work again. When you change anything in the kunena config the file will come back and you will have to delete it again, but the module will work.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds