Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Register button - produces unformated (css lacking) page.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Nigel Aves
I'm using Community Builder and tonight upgraded from Fireboard to Kunena.

(The upgrade went perfectly with no problems at all).

If I make the forum "public" then the login / register buttons appear as expected.

Both the Login and Register button takes you to an un-formated page. Basically no css applied at all.

On investigating this for a bit I discovered that it was the "System - Cache" (in Joomla Plugins page)that was causing the problem. If I disable that then they both work as expected.

Strangly, The Lost Password seems to work perfectly no matter what.

Nigel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Very interesting! Have a read of the CB and Forum question and discussion and see if that also sheds some light on what you're trying to do.

Nigel Aves wrote:

If I disable that then they both work as expected.

Are you sure the login and registration functions work the way you expect them to?
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Nigel Aves
Yes. They are both pointing to the CB login / registration pages. But this is what I needed. Only one place to register on the site.

Actually I have things set up so that login and registration share the same page.

I think what's needed is a simple setting in Kunena that would allow an "over-ride" to a designated URL. One for login, one for registration and both could be the same.

It's the system - cache thing that has me puzzled because it's only from Kunena, from CB it works perfectly.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
I've been wondering about this "non-servicing of CSS" problem for a while. I don't dispute there may be some causal relationship to the setting Plugin Manager: System - Cache = disabled. There may also be some relationship to the setting Global Configuration » System » Cache Settings: Cache = yes.

Neither of these parameter settings has made any difference to me.

I wonder, though, if this failure to deliver a CSS file might not be bound with a "glitch", for example server performance, traffic congestion, or a local cache problem? I realise that doesn't sound like a very scientific explanation for your problem, but have you tried to reproduce the symptoms by re-enabling the plugin and
  • Tools » Global Check-in
  • Tools » Clean Cache
  • force a page reload CTRL+F5
I'm sorry if those suggestions seem a bit mystical or folkloric. I'm also available to conduct auguries and read tarot cards if you like ... as long as you supply the chickens and the card deck ... ;)
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Nigel Aves
Tried all those :angry:

I think it's just a bug.

Nigel

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds