Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Looking for correct way to instlall latest Kunena with Migration from 5.2

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #231055 by pschwindling
Thank! Yes, already tried that.. but running into the same issue or different issue.

It is possible that the whole problem is that I installed the latest version right after Joomla was ready... uninstalled that and then installed an older version for the migration?

Just thinking about the root of all evil in this case ;-) 100% sure it's my fault.

Edit: Or is there an advanced possibilty to see where the installation fails? I acticated logs and checked all the logs from the Joomla-system.. but it does not give me the info I needed. Also trying to copy the libs from the source code on Github.. same here in the end. :-/ 
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by pschwindling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #231056 by rich
I have now deliberately destroyed one of my test sites by importing old Fireboard tables, renaming Prefix to #__kunena and migrating Kunena. I couldn't even access the backend anymore.
My recovery steps were':
1. removed all Kunena tables from the database
2. deleted all Kunena folders (see here)
3. removed everything related to Kunena from the folder /administrator/manifests (also in the subfolders)
4. unpacked the installation package and navigated to -> packages -> com_kunena (version) -> sql -> install -> mysql
5. import the contained file create_tables.utf8 into the database with phpMyAdmin
6. replaced table prefixes #__ with my prefix
7. I got an error message in the backend because Kunena php.files are not available
8. ignored error message and installed Kunena, created menu and installed sample data
After that everything worked fine again. I hope that this works for you too.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #231057 by pschwindling

I have now deliberately destroyed one of my test sites by importing old Fireboard tables, renaming Prefix to #__kunena and migrating Kunena. I couldn't even access the backend anymore.
My recovery steps were':
1. removed all Kunena tables from the database
2. deleted all Kunena folders (see here)
3. removed everything related to Kunena from the folder /administrator/manifests (also in the subfolders)
4. unpacked the installation package and navigated to -> packages -> com_kunena (version) -> sql -> install -> mysql
5. import the contained file create_tables.utf8 into the database with phpMyAdmin
6. replaced table prefixes #__ with my prefix
7. I got an error message in the backend because Kunena php.files are not available
8. ignored error message and installed Kunena, created menu and installed sample data
After that everything worked fine again. I hope that this works for you too.


 
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer... sadly not worked. :/ I even tried searching for any "Kunena"-Files via console and nothing found in the end. 

Used Kunena 6.2.5 with Joomla 4.4.3... PHP 8.2.16,  MySQLi 10.6.15-MariaDB-log. Here are screenshots and a link to the page. I have no ideas now to be honest... If I can fix the issue manually I will do. Or is there anything I am missing? Maybe a missing plugin or something I have to activate manually?

Edit: Just tested what happens when I activate all the KUNENA Plugins.. then it also show different files missing, like in the last screenshot. For better debugging, I activate just the necessary Plugins again. So everything that stands here, is now Status Quo.


The installation fails with this error:  "Installation Path does not exist"
 

But Component is present in Backend then, also the checkup says everything is fine. 

 

 

But when I call.. 
Code:
https://musikmagazin-saarland.de/index.php/forum?view=home&defaultmenu=651 

same error as before: Class "KunenaScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler" not found
Error Stack: 
 



 
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by pschwindling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #231059 by rich
The installation always stops at the sampledata plugin. This means that the installation runs until then. Does the installation also stop if you try to install this plugin separately? You can find it in the installation package.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #231060 by pschwindling
Hey hey,
tried to install the sample-data first. And then install the forum plugin again...

then it says "uddeim" has a problem.

Tried to install the uddeim from the packages folder and then install the forum... but then he always says:
 

So.. what if I upload the folder with the unzipped package and remove those packages and trying to install the plugin from that folder with the removed packages? Maybe an idea? because the single installation of those packages work. you know how I mean? 

Edit: Sadly that does not work.. when I remove the package where he has the error (uddeim) - also in the pkg_kunena.xml... (two lines)... this error shows up then: 

 

Edit 2: Sorry... pure madness. I should start writing here, when my ideas are at the endpoint again. From the latest error, I tried to install the com_kunena_v6.2.5.zip from the packages folder. Now this comes up, and when I clear the cache it only says "Mainfest file not found":

 
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by pschwindling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #231061 by pschwindling
SOLVED!

Thanks for the support so far.

The Root of all evil in this case was the file-limitation of the server. I just saw it when I tried to upload the installation packages to the server and install it from the folder there. The Copy process stopped! That explain all those strange and weird errors.

I am really sorry for all the misleading information and stuff but I did not know about that.

We changed our page from a root-server to a hosting solution. And even if there is 200GB Space and we have just used 40GB of it, there is a file limitation for the domain! But there is no error message or warning. Just when you log into the backend of the hosting provider.

So --> Short Version --> File Limitation of the Hosting-Provider.

Problem solved! Thanks for the support everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds