Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Dutch language and functions of Aurelia template

More
7 months 1 week ago #1 by HanKortekaas
I have installed the Kunena DEV 6.1.3 and language pack and find
  1. English has not been translated
  2. I have various settings in the template changed to 'No' icons in  boxes still appear and can be used
  3. I have selected the SCeditor
  4. what code for LESS is available to avoid that BBcode blocks are shown but none of them is wanted and is ticked out in the template settings. I am running a website where all text - options should be kept simple.

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #2 by Leen
i can confirm that problem with SCeditor that's here too
. but with CK editor I can turn off certain things.

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
7 months 1 week ago #3 by xillibit

Hello,

So if i understand it right, all these points are related to sceditor ? There is already an issue opened for it github : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/8532

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 months 1 week ago #4 by HanKortekaas
The issues mentioned are numerous but I fail a proper line ( to be understood also by non programmers)   on translations, non-functioning of buttons and if a button is not desired that it won't  show up in the editor.

Is work still in proces or has it stopped because of lack of developers.?

Han

More
7 months 1 week ago #5 by xillibit
Some issues has stopped yo be worked by lack of time and/or lack of developers, for Joomla ! 5.x all deprecated things has been postponed to be removed in Joomla ! 6.x. So Kunena 6.1 or later will work on Joomla ! 5.x without more works on this side. So for Joomla ! 5.x in Kunena there can be some work on features instead of working on replacing deprecated things

More
7 months 6 days ago - 7 months 6 days ago #6 by HanKortekaas
I understand that work practically has stopped and the proces will start as soon as Joomla 5 goes life, but only based on Joomla 5.

I have to start looking for another template and make a decission to use Aurelia instead of failures.

Thanks for the info.

New question:  if i'm not mistaken there was an item in the downloads for paid templates. Has this been removed??

Han
Last edit: 7 months 6 days ago by HanKortekaas. Reason: new question

More
7 months 6 days ago #7 by rich

1. English has not been translated
  2. I have various settings in the template changed to 'No' icons in  boxes still appear and can be used
  3. I have selected the SCeditor
  4. what code for LESS is available to avoid that BBcode blocks are shown but none of them is wanted and is ticked out in the template settings. I am running a website where all text - options should be kept simple.

These settings do not work for the CKEditor. For the CKEditor you need to create a customckeditor_config.js and remove the icons. docs.kunena.org/en/faq/ckeditor-configuration
The following user(s) said Thank You: HanKortekaas

More
7 months 6 days ago - 7 months 6 days ago #8 by HanKortekaas
Last edit: 7 months 6 days ago by HanKortekaas.

More
7 months 6 days ago - 7 months 6 days ago #9 by HanKortekaas
see attachment 

Han
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 6 days ago by HanKortekaas. Reason: used the same image name

More
7 months 6 days ago #10 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you have errors in your javascript console of your browser ?

The translation for ckeditor it's detailled here www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/ckeditor-configuration , you need to put the translation file of the language of your choice in /media/kunena/core/js/lang, then you need to set this language in the ckeditor configuration

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds