Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question bug in deinstaller of kunena 6.0.4

More
1 year 5 months ago #1 by HarryT3
Hi

If I install, deinstall and install Kunena 6.04 I get the error:

JInstaller: :Install: Fout SQL Duplicate entry 'com_' for key 'PRIMARY'

This is related to the tabel jos_email_templates. It seems to me the deinstaller should remove these.  A workaround is
delete FROM jos_mail_templates where template_id like 'com_kunena%'

Maybe related.  If I deinstall I get the error:

Incorrect date value: '' for column `u23901p81715_jo2`.`jos_kunena_version`.`versiondate` at row 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #2 by Leen
Hello
read this thread there is a possible solution.
www.kunena.org/forum/k-6-0-support/16466...ate-entry-com#222401

L.v.d.A

More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by HarryT3

Hello
read this thread there is a possible solution.

Thanks. That is indeed the direction of the workaround I mentioned already.
But I think it is cleaner to change the installer so it works if the templates entries already present or change the deinstaller so it removes the templates too.
You can't expect from every Kunena administrator (s)he is able to modify the database. 

{HT}

More
1 year 5 months ago #4 by rich
Basically, the database entries are not removed when uninstalling via the Joomla installer, because otherwise all posts would be gone when reinstalling. For permanent removal there is the Kunena Uninstaller in Tools.
But I agree with you, for the problem with the mail templates there must be a solution, otherwise it is not possible for users without database knowledge or access in case of problems to de- and then reinstall Kunena.
I will add a ticket at Git.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leen

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds