Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved 5.1.8 install fails midway on Joomla 3.9.1, PHP 7.2.13

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by ResGlo
Hello

I'm having no success in installing the latest Kunena 5.1.8 on a relatively clean Joomla setup (config screenshot attached) - it has Akeeba and JomSocial installed.

A recent upgrade of Akeeba went smoothly but I cannot get the Kunena install to complete - there's a screenshot of successful modules installed attached- initially the top two are enabled.

No help from the php log (nor the IIS) - no warnings reported

I have tried all the possible routes to install and also tried instaling an older version (5.1.1) to then upgrade (as suggested by another thread) - still the same server 500 error

Any suggestions as to what to look for - its a bit opaque right now

Thank you in advance

RG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
1) enable the 4 kunena items.
2) Clear cache. (backend - system - cache - clear cache)
3) Go to /administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by ResGlo
Thanks for the swift response - done and done (screenshots atatched)

Alas still no sign of the component

I rebooted the VM just in case that would help

php log does show an open_base dir issue from threre hours prior but not related to the install I did just now

[03-Jan-2019 13:25:52 UTC] PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\tmp\C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\tmp\) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/deleted\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\libraries\src\Installer\InstallerHelper.php on line 348

..that "\tmp\C:\Inetpub\vhosts\" part looks nasty

Anywhere else I can look for clues?

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
looks like your own server isn't setup correctly:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1846882/open...in-the-allowed-paths

So open php.ini, search for "open_basedir"

Before Changes open_basedir =
After Changes ;open_basedir =

Then restart your server.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by 810.

More
5 years 3 days ago #5 by ResGlo
Thank you both for your replies - I had put this problem on hold due to a server migration

We now have a pristine Windows 2019 server running Plesk Version 17.8.11 Update #45
PHP 7.3.3
Joomla 3.94
Akeeba 6.4.2.1

I have installed CJForums and that runs fine (available in the components drop down)

But when I try the latest Kunena 5.1.10.1 (either by Web install or download and as a package) it always throws a 500 post install
Only two of the four modules are enabled - System and Quick Icon aren't - enabling them doesn't seem to change anything

PHP open_basedir is set to none within Plesk
Windows/TMP is able to be written to
The system is in debug mode and no errors are thrown

Trying to access the post installation page yield a 500 error

Given that CJForums installs okay this does seem to be something specific to Kunena vs this setup

Any suggestions?

More
5 years 3 days ago #6 by rich
I'm sorry, I've no idea what cause the error, but why is the folder "deleted" included in this path?

[03-Jan-2019 13:25:52 UTC] PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\tmp\C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\tmp\) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:/Inetpub/vhosts/deleted\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\deleted\httpdocs\libraries\src\Installer\InstallerHelper.php on line 348

More
5 years 3 days ago #7 by ResGlo
That was the old open_basedir on the old server - "deleted" was me manually obfuscating the client's domain

On the new server, open_basedir is set to "none" in Plesk so that isn't a factor here

Also other systems install fine so that confirms open_basedir is not the issue

More
5 years 2 days ago #8 by ResGlo
Hokay - lots of trial and error later here's what I did

After the first install I manually enabled the Four Kunena components
Cleared the cache and expired cache as suggested
Then I reinstalled Kunena using Web install (OI wold have thought that would be an updated but it wasn't)
- whatever it was it still failed with an Error 500
I then refreshed that 500 page and waited forever and then suddenly the Kunena installer screen popped up and finished the job

Kunena is now appearing in the Components drop down menu as hoped

Thank you for the suggestions - I have no idea what the root problem was but we can at least make progress again

More
5 years 1 day ago #9 by rich
It seems it was one of those mysterious mistakes where you can not find the cause. When all is ok now, may I mark this topic as solved?

More
5 years 1 day ago #10 by ResGlo
I didnt find out what the problem was no - but it was at least repeatable on two different servers - hopefully this thread will help ajnyomne else who hits the same wall on the Windows Plesk Joomla Akeeba Kunena mix

Please mark as closed now

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds