Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Corrupted layout after install kunena 5.1

More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by lusidjudjeto
I install kunena 5.1 but my layout is looking corrupted( I attached an image)

I try both templates and also install lang pack but nothing help to make kunena template to work.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by lusidjudjeto
seems like my joomla template override kunena template. Any custom code I can insert into kunena files so I can make it work properly?

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by rich
Please try in backend "Kunena -> Templates -> Crypsis -> Basic Settings -> Load Bootstrap css = Yes". But if you use a Joomla bootstrap3 template, then try it with Crypsisb3.

More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by Holding on
Hi There,

I am currently using Joomla 3.6.5 and Kunena 3.0.4.

In the 3.0.4 version, I note that I am getting quite a few error and menu messages so was wondering is it about time to update to a later version?

I have been reading the recent posting related to 5.01 and was wandering which is the safest version of Kunena to update to in view of comments on later versions?

I would welcome your advice with the pros and cons for each version

More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by rich
Please add your question not to other topics. Your problem has nothing to do with it.

The cons: You get no support for your outdated software. And your Joomla and Kunena version includes unsolved vulnerabilities.
Advantagnes: Kunena 5.0 is stable and there are no known vulnerabilities.

If you have more questions, create your own topic please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holding on

More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by Holding on
Hi Rich, thanks a lot for your response that was really help.

I thought that my posing was related if I was considering installing 5.0.1, but I take your point on that.

Thanks for your kind words of wisdom

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #7 by WolfgangOWL
In Kunena 5.1 RC4 there is an issue with the Kunena menu. The menu is doubled when I reduce the browser window width.

is currently with RC4:

should be:

The reason is /components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/widget/menubar/default.php

current code:
Code:
<div class="navbar" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/SiteNavigationElement"> <div class="navbar-inner"> <div class="hidden-phone"> <?php echo $this->subRequest('Widget/Menu'); ?> </div> <?php echo $this->subRequest('Widget/Login'); ?> </div> </div>

should be:
Code:
<div class="navbar" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/SiteNavigationElement"> <div class="navbar-inner"> <div class="visible-desktop"> <?php echo $this->subRequest('Widget/Menu'); ?> </div> <?php echo $this->subRequest('Widget/Login'); ?> </div> </div>
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #8 by rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: WolfgangOWL

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds