Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Index displaying Message - There are no published categories in .

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by webdevtim
Whether I select User Group or Access Level for this category I get this message when logged as user that belongs to User Group selected for the category. If I choose Access Level for the Category Permissions and then choose the access level that is connect to the user groups I want to have access to this category, I get the same message.

If I log in as super user I see full index with all categories listed.

If I look in Recent Topics when logged in as limited user I see posts to the categories to which the limited user is subscribed to. If I go to New Topics, I see that I have the two categories that the user is subscribed to available in the drop down and I can add a post and it displays in Recent Topics. When I go back to the Index tab I see the same message, There are no published categories in ...

What could I be doing wrong. I am going in circles trying to figure this out.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Added more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
I think you need to check the section permission.

Set section to: Usergroups -> Public

Then Change category permissions: User Groups Allowed To Post to "registered", same for reply

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by webdevtim
But I don't want these to be visible to anyone except those that were given access privileges.

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
This topic has been discussed before in K 3.0: "There are no published categories in ." message . Same problem; same recommended solution.

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by webdevtim
The problem was a had the section set to a particular user group. I set the section to registered and the problem was solved. I will create a public forum if I want something the public sees.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds