Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved 404 error - no redirection to joomla login/register page

More
2 years 7 months ago #11 by Helge4u
Thank you for your help rich. I implemented the solution where I have two menu items with the same name in Joomla. One visible for guests only (telling "please register") and one visible for logged-in-users only (taking you to the Kunena homepage). That's a Joomla-workaround to prevent users seeing an ugly 404 message. What I really want is the behaviour I described at start of the topic. Only one menu item for the Kunena homepage. When a user is not logged in it should take the user to the login/register page of Joomla. It worked before and I believe there must be a way to tell Kunena where to find the register/login page of Joomla if a user is not logged in.
>> The default URL for the Joomla login would be component/users/?view=login
That doesn't work. I tried it. Either it's a problem with a DSM7 update or it's a problem with the Joomla Update needed after DSM7 update. There is no folder component/users. It's components/com_users but the URL components/com_users/?view=login doesn't work either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #12 by Helge4u
Hi rich, I changed the forum menu item for guests to the Joomla logon page (Menu Item Type = Logon Form) and now it behaves as it should. The URL is "index.php?option=com_users&view=login". So it's solved for me now. Thanks again, I learned new things!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds