Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [SOLVED] Changin Category icon using Font Awesome

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by webmasterinaffitto
Hi all,
I've tried to change some category and topic icon following steps shown into the guide: " www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/own-topic-icons " but I just can change the topic icone and not using FA...

I don't understand why! I've followed the example of the guide but when I've finished the result is a white space instead of the icon should appear...

Anyone can explain it better?

Ex. Into the guide there is the example for "car" icon and it says to write "car" after "fa=". I've done the same with "smile" icon. Into the Font Awesome website the "smile" icon is named "smile" and into the tags is named "far fa-smile". I've tried to put into the kunena template xml: "smile", "fa-smile" and "far fa-smile" but always appear a white space never the FA icon :(
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by webmasterinaffitto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2 by webmasterinaffitto
I've done some experiments and I've seen if I use the following setting into category configuration I got good result:
  • Into "CSS suffix class forum" I've put the first part of FA "class" parameter. Ex. "fas"
  • Into "Category icon" I've put the name of the FA icon. Ex. "fa-adjust"

Without touching any file into topic_icon, as the online kunena manual says.

The problem is that some FA icons appears, someothers no... but not understanding why :( (obviously I'm tring only free icon, so without charge)

Any ideas?

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
Your Joomla template must to support the Font Awesome fonts, otherwise you must to load external the Font Awesome. You find it in the template setting (tab Features).

More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by webmasterinaffitto
I've created the template on my own, but not understand why some icons are visible and other not...

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by rich

You find it in the template setting (tab Features).

I meant the Crypsis template setting. With external Font Awesome you should get all symbols in Kunena.

If you do not want external Font Awesome, maybe this pages help you:
fontawesome.com/get-started?from=io
renniestechblog.com/information/27-insta...for-a-joomla-website

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #6 by webmasterinaffitto
I'm using the external FA parameter into Crypsis template and I'm using the name of the FA icons into .ini files as explained into kunena manual.

Some icons are displayed correctly, some others no. All of them are free so I don't understand why.

For example:

If I want put this as a category icon:
fontawesome.com/icons/exchange-alt?style=solid

It shows a blank image, instead of icon.

If I put this:
fontawesome.com/icons/shopping-bag?style=solid

It works good....

Why?? :blink: :blush:

More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by rich
What you want to change? Category icons or Topic icons? The topic title is "Changing Category icon using Font Awesome".
This doc which you have read is for topic icons and not for category symbols. Maybe we discuss two different issues.

More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by webmasterinaffitto

rich wrote: What you want to change? Category icons or Topic icons? The topic title is "Changing Category icon using Font Awesome".
This doc which you have read is for topic icons and not for category symbols. Maybe we discuss two different issues.

I mean Category icons. In that document is talken about both of them.

Anyway, today some icons were shown since yesterday, today not are shown... I really not understand what's wrong.

I've written also to font awesome contact email... :(

More
5 years 11 months ago #9 by rich

I mean Category icons. In that document is talken about both of them.

No, that is only for topic icons. Here is the doc for category symbols. docs.kunena.org/en/manual/backend/categories/category-icons
In your case, you must only to enter the symbol in the category setting
Enter in the category setting
fa-exchange-alt
and
fa-shopping-bag

Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by webmasterinaffitto
Hi,
I've contacted fontawesome developer and they say me that there is a version problem on the template of the forum, this is the reason for why some times icons appear and other no.

If I active CDN from crypsis template I've seen that the link for the awesome icons is the version 4.7 meanwhile into the actual fontawesome website there are the 5.0.12 version.

Could you change it into crypsis template? I've changed in mine and seems works.

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds