Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Change date of forum posts

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Using Joomla 3.6 and Kunena 5.

Some of my forum content, which I had created, migrated from an old website. The content was interesting and as current as ever, except that it carried very old posting dates from the old website. Hence, I wanted to change the posting dates in Kunena forum.

I found the solution in an archived thread , which would not allow me to post new info, say thank you, or help other people with this issue. So, I renewed the issue in this thread.

Method that worked for me:
1) Forum posts are date and time stamped in mysql tbl_Kunena_messages.
2) The timestamp is a long number, which you can convert to human dates via on-line tools, such as Epoch Converter
3) Back to your mysql tbl_kunena_message, look for the time column.
4) You can change the date or year by changing that number, using the Epoch Converter as your guide.
5) You can do mass changes using a Joomla Extension called DB Replacer by RegularLabs.com.
6) For example, I updated a lot of old years to a more current year, and left the rest of the timestamp unchanged.
7) In Joomla backend, Kunena Tools, recalculate the Statistics, and the new posting date will show on the front end.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Change date of forum posts
Looks like you topic has been closed or locked.

What is the error message when you say thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds