Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Change date of forum posts

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by herz84
Hi all, can somebody please tell me how I change the date of a forum post? I had a look in the database and see a timestamp in the 'kunena_messages' and 'kunena_topics' tables, but I don't know how I should change the timestamp / what the format of the timestamp is in order to change the date of the topic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by A. Wayne Webb
It appears there is no way to change the date / time of a posting in the MySql database. Examining the Kunena Messages database the developers used a time type of field. It is more customary to use a YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format. The chief reason I believe is that while a time string can be converted to a standard usage, you need to know when time began.

I have at times gone into my MySql database and reset a set of articles to a specific date and time. But that was articles using the datatime MySql type normally associated with the created date. I do not see where Kunena uses this almost standardized formatting.

It sure would make it easier to have this in Kunena!

Cordially,
Wayne

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Change date of forum posts
Dates/times in Kunena are stored in the universally standard SQL TIMESTAMP format. The absolute, base time ("when time began" as Wayne wrote) is 1-Jan-1970 00:00:00 UTC. Dates/times after this are expressed as a positive integer value as the number of milliseconds elapsed after that date; negative numbers are dates before 1-Jan-1970.

It's debatable whether other forums use this accepted storage mechanism. The reason why this form is useful is because it permits simple date calculations to be performed easily. For example, it is very easy to calculate how many milliseconds there are between one date and another and then convert the difference into another format (e.g. hours, minutes, seconds, etc.) If the numbers were stored in any one of about a dozen different calendar methods used around the world, you would have to convert those dates, do the arithmetic, and then convert the result back again into the format in use at that locale.

SQL also has several date conversion functions that allow for the conversion of dates into a form that can be used with the database. I hope this information helps.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by herz84
Replied by herz84 on topic Change date of forum posts
I've found the solution already, sorry for not sharing it earlier.

At www.unixtimestamp.com you can convert any date you like into the timestamp format that is used by the Kunena forum. So I took the original date of the forum post, converted it to a timestamp and changed the date in the SQL database in the tables 'kunena_messages' and 'kunena_topics'. It worked perfectly!

Thanks for helping me out!

Time to create page: 3.187 seconds