Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [K.5.0.RC2] How to remove sitename from page title in crypsis?

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by ssh
How to remove sitename from page title in crypsis?

In blue eagle is here:
/libraries/kunena/view.php
Line 778
$title = KunenaFactory::getConfig()->board_title .': '. $title;

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by ssh
What I mean is:

This is not good for SEO, the page title must begin with the most relevant keyword for your page and not with the sitename.

Sitename can be added to the page title, but it is recommended to add it at the end, not at the beginning.

Please take a look to these google pages, if we are going to talk about SEO, google is the best model to follow:
www.google.com.do/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=fm5lV8zU...site:plus.google.com

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled

chiripas wrote: How to remove sitename from page title in crypsis? Please help

I have a idea you may be interested in: Meta for Kunena plugin

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by ssh
The link does not provide information on how to remove the <board-name> part in crypsis 5.0.RC2

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled

chiripas wrote: The link does not provide information on how to remove the <board-name> part in crypsis 5.0.RC2

That is true. At present (as I have written elsewhere) I am not interested in K 5.0. Instead I am more interested in fixing [SEO] issues with K 4.0 because it is stable and it will probably not be "improved" by the development team.

However, having said that, the SEO information generated by K 5.0 is not significantly different to the way it's generated by K 4.0 Crypsis. Therefore, the ideas that I have in mind will probably work just as well for K 5.0 Crypsis as they would do in K 4.0.

While it is possible to remove the board-title from Crypsis, by hacking the source code, I think a better approach to the problem would be with a plugin or additional configuration options for the Kunena menu items. If people want to hack the source code, that's their choice. The source code is there; the development team may even be able to tell you exactly which lines of code you would need to change. The penalty with the hack approach is that you would need to maintain those hacks whenever Kunena is updated (and there could be many updates released by the development team for K 5.0). It's really your choice: hack the code, wait for the development team to provide a simple interface or write a plugin to do this work for you.

My approach is to write a plugin.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #6 by ssh
@Global_Moderators please mark this topic as solved.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ssh.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds