Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved You do not have permissions to start a new topic!

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by rob-it
V4.0.9 w Joomla 3.4.5

I can't create new topics (by any registered user and even not by using the SuperUser)

Categories set and not locked (see screenshot)
Category Permissions set to "Registered" (+child groups) (see screenshot)
Configuration Security set (see screenshot)

Even if category permissions set to "Public" (and off course Configuration Security set to allow Guests to post) no new Topics can be added

Any ideas what else can be wrong?

Setup info:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.9 | creationdate: 2016-01-21

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.9 | 2016-01-21 [ London ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
You have enabled SEF rewrite in the global configuration. But I miss the .htaccess in your configuration report.
www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/seo
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by rob-it
not really needed as (as you can see in the sysinfo) I'm running on IIS8 where that is made by IIS enhancement "URL Rewrite Module". That is working fine for whole Joomla including some other extensions.
www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite
and set up inline with Joomla docs:
docs.joomla.org/Enabling_Search_Engine_Friendly_%28SEF%29_URLs

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by rob-it
Got it. It's not a bug, its a misleading feature ;-)
You need to have 3(!) levels to be able to post:
- SECTION
-- CATEGORY and
--- a SUB-Category

Not really self explainable and absolutely unneeded if the forum should be kept tiny

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
i see on the attach that the section is on Registered
Thats wrong, should be public

Also i see on the category itself, that only guests can reply.

So you need to check the permissions.

More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by rob-it
Hi 810, I'm not sure what you do mean as my Forum should be restricted to registered users only. Or do you mean that the Section itself should be always set to "public"?

Anyway if I set all (Section & 1st level Categories) to "Registered" it starts to work when I add some 2nd level Category (same permissions as 1st level category - see attached screenshot). So that would be contrary to above information.

I tried now again to set the Section to "public", but it has no impact to 1st level Category - no posting allowed at that level. (2nd level Category works as before)

So it looks for me like the 1st level Category is not build for postings. Or at what point am I wrong here?
Thx
rob-it
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7 by 810
Public is the best way, else guest can't see the topics ect.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by 810.

More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by rob-it
Understand, but I really don't want that guests will see the forum at all.

Apart from this, I still do not understand why the 1st level Category is not open for postings.

More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by 810
ok then go to configuration - securty - Registered Users Only - set to yes

More
8 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled

rob-it wrote: You need to have 3(!) levels to be able to post:
- SECTION
-- CATEGORY and
--- a SUB-Category

Not really self explainable and absolutely unneeded if the forum should be kept tiny

Actually, that's not right. You should only need (as minimum)

SECTION and
|__ CATEGORY

I sympathise with people who find it difficult to understand the concept of sections and categories (and we all agree that the documentation on this part of Kunena is hard to find and even harder to find!) but I may have a clue as to why you've found it necessary to create sub-categories under existing categories.

The subject of this topic that says "You do not have permissions to start a new topic!". There are many topics in this forum on this subject.

rob-it wrote: I still do not understand why the 1st level Category is not open for postings.

Perhaps you may have created the "first-level" category and then locked it? If you lock a category , before creating any topics in that category, no-one (not even the forum moderators or administrators) can create topics in that category. Is that what you may have done?

Locking an empty category is one of most common mistakes people can make.

rob-it wrote: Hi 810, I'm not sure what you do mean as my Forum should be restricted to registered users only. Or do you mean that the Section itself should be always set to "public"?

It shouldn't really matter if you make a section accessible to "public" or to "registered"; it only matters if you want to allow the public to see the if a section exists or not. The configuration setting

Kunena configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = Yes

will hide your whole forum from non-registered visitors, yes, if that's what you want to do.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds