Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How do I transfer my Kunena forum to another website?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by Zalriki
Hi, I have a forum on one website, but my client has decided it would better fit on another he has - and I agree. However, we don't want to lose any of the categories/posts/attachments etc - and we also need to transfer all the users and their details.

I've had a go using the phpMyAdmin function of our hosting CPanel, but nothing seems to transfer over.

Running Joomla 3.4.4 and the latest version of Kunena (4.05) on both sites.

Please can you point me at directions to do this or give me some info here? Much appreciated
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Zalriki.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Export all kunena_tables and all Joomla user_tables and import it in your new database.
Attachments and avatars you find in "media/kunena". Copy these two folders and paste in the new page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdulhalim

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Zalriki
If I have Kunena installed, I get the following when I try to import.

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `jos_kunena_aliases` -- INSERT INTO `jos_kunena_aliases` (`alias`, `type`, `item`, `state`) VALUES ('announcement', 'view', 'announcement', 1), ('category', 'view', 'category', 1), ('category/create', 'layout', 'category.create', 1), ('category/default', 'layout', 'category.default', 1), ('category/edit', 'layout', 'category.edit', 1), ('category/manage', 'layout', 'category.manage', 1), ('category/moderate', 'layout', 'category.moderate', 1), ('category/user', 'layout', 'category.user', 1), ('changes', 'catid', '13', 0), ('characters', 'catid', '12', 0), ('common', 'view', 'common', 1), ('create', 'layout', 'category.create', 0), ('credits', 'view', 'credits', 1), ('default', 'layout', 'category.default', 0), ('edit', 'layout', 'category.edit', 0), ('edits', 'catid', '13', 0), ('for-deletion', 'catid', '17', 0), ('forum-issues', 'catid', '14', 0), ('forum-technical', 'catid', '15', 0), ('game-mechanics', 'catid', '11', 0), ('game-schedule', 'catid', '16[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'announcement' for key 'alias'

If I uninstall Kunena, and delete all the residual DB files, then try the import, it works fine. But, when I then try to install a new copy of Kunena I get an error message:

Kunena Installation Failed!
Sorry, installation failed with following error:

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in /home/savant1974/public_html/sabre/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 1012

What am I doing wrong? Is there a step-by-step description of how to do this with instructions on possible hiccups?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is not one of those "routine" tasks that are easy for novices. I don't think there is a single web-based discussion forum that someone can lift from one website and transplant into another website without having a pretty good idea of what to do, what can go wrong, and what to do when something goes wrong.

Yes, there are plenty of general guides that discuss how to move a Kunena forum from one site to another site . As rich wrote, it's basically a case of exporting the Joomla user tables (and the ACLs) from one site, and importing them into the other site. The next step is to export the Kunena database tables from the original site and import them into the other site. I would use a tool like phpMyAdmin to do that. Last of all, you need to copy the attachment files.

Moving data around, helping people with problems like yours, is something that many people (including me) do for a living.

A lot of people ask for a step-by-step guide for everything from how to write CSS to how to drive a car. For example, I could say that to start a car you need to insert the key in the ignition switch but many people do not know what an ignition switch looks like and some cars do not even use a key to start the engine.

If you get errors when you try to import SQL data it sounds, to me, that there is something suspiciously wrong with either the source data or the SQL setup on the target site. My guess (my suspicion) is that the source and target sites are not "identical" in terms of Joomla and/or Kunena versions. Alternatively, there could be something broken with Kunena and J! 3.4.4.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds