Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved File Upload Remote

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by cromaplus
File Upload Remote was created by cromaplus
Good morning to everyone here in the forum, I apologize for my English but I'm Italian and I use google translator to write in English.
I have a question, you can configure the system to upload files remotely? I want to make sure that when you load the files do not stay on the server, but are loaded remotely on other servers, you can do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic File Upload Remote
Hello,

It's not possible actualy, i think i need to add a plugin event in attachments upload part to store attachments elsewhere

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #3 by cromaplus
Replied by cromaplus on topic File Upload Remote
There is this plugin?
Someone has already written a plugin with these characteristics? You will be expected to include in a future update?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by cromaplus.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Actualy there is no plugin to do that, in a new Kunena release i need to add a new plugin event because it doesn't exist yet.

Do-you want to store in cloud storage the attachments ?

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #5 by cromaplus

xillibit wrote: Actualy there is no plugin to do that, in a new Kunena release i need to add a new plugin event because it doesn't exist yet.

Do-you want to store in cloud storage the attachments ?

is exactly, I want to load for example, the annexes on amazon s3 or another cloud, so all attachments are another cloud and not remain on the server where the website

This can be done? How long you have to wait? :)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by cromaplus.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by xillibit
In first i will add a new plugin event in Kunena upload part to be triggered by a plugin.

Joomla! should have some libraries to do cloud storage but it wasn't in the core in 3.3, i don't if it in 3.4 : www.gavick.com/blog/joomla-3-3-cloud-storage-api , when that will be in Joomla! core we can do plugins

More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by cromaplus
So it's something that has not yet developed but can be inserted in short, I am not good at writing plugin for joomla, I need someone to do it because I can not make the plugin. I wanted to change my website and used as the main component Kunena, but I lack this particular, I need that file attachments are loaded remotely and not locally.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic File Upload Remote
I'm not saying if it's a good thing or a bad thing to enable a "remote file upload" feature within Kunena. My personal view is that, if you want the necessary space to store files uploaded by your users, you should purchase a hosting plan that gives you the space you need. That is actually the easiest and quickest way out of any space restriction problems that you may have.

On the actual issue about the technical feasibility of enabling a "remote file upload" feature within Kunena, we have had similar discussions on this in the past.

When someone says that they require forum attachments to be located "remotely" (i.e. not on the same server as the website) why is this really needed?

Yeah, I know that cloud storage is all the rage these days but clouds have been known to "leak" , too. ;)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #9 by cromaplus
I have a dedicated server, but I need this, I know that there are different opinions, is the cloud is fashionable today, but I use it for different reasons and now that I want to make a change to my website and I wanted use as the main component Kunena I need to figure out if I can do this or I can not do this.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds