Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved No notifications (report, karma)

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Mihailo Z
I have installed Joomla 3.4.3 and Kunena 4.0.5 on my test domain.
Everything works fine except notifications.
I am not getting anything when I report someone's post or when I quote.

What is the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
please add kunena report.

backend -kunena - tools
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mihailo Z

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Mihailo Z
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_catalyst | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.5 | creationdate: 2015-08-17

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.5 | 2015-08-17 [ Turnau ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Mihailo Z
bump

More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

Mihailo Z wrote: I have installed Joomla 3.4.3 and Kunena 4.0.5 on my test domain.

Is mail enabled on your test domain?

There are a few reasons why you may not be receiving email notifications. One common reason is that email notifications for subscriptions are not sent to the account that posted a new topic or reply in a subscribed category or topic. I have written a simple way to test if email subscriptions are working or not: see Subscription emails are not working .

Another reason you may appear to not receive emails could lie in your email client or your mail postbox. It might be possible that your email client rejects mail from your domain, places the mail in the junk mail folder, or your mailbox might be full.

The subject of this topic is "No notifications (report, karma)". I do not understand how "karma" is involved in "notifications". Perhaps you might like to explain what you mean?

The developers asked for your configuration report. Perhaps, now that they have had time to study it, they may have a few different suggestions to help you?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6 by Mihailo Z
I don't want mail notifications.
I created two accounts and I quoted one of my posts and on other account I don't get any notifications like on XenForo alert system or IPB etc..
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Mihailo Z.

More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
I am having difficulty understanding your question.

Mihailo Z wrote: I don't want mail notifications.

You are getting notifications but you do not want them? Do you want to know how to disable email notifications? Is that your question?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #8 by Mihailo Z
Do you know that the notifications are?

When a member quote your post, you will get the notification. On my forum, I am not getting anything.I want to enable that.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Mihailo Z.

More
8 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, I know what "report to moderator" is.

The "report to moderator" setting is controlled by

Configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Message Reporting

There is also another new feature of K 4.0 controlled by the setting

Configuration » Users » User related » User can report himself

I do not know how the new (self-reporting) feature works; I do not know if the new feature works properly. I have not seen any topics in this forum about the new self-reporting feature.

I do not know how your question relates to karma. Can you explain how karma is involved in "notifications", please? There are no configuration settings in K 4.0 for karma "notifications".

Forum mail should be sent from your "default" Joomla mail address. It is possible to configure a different email address for your Kunena forum with the setting

Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum E-mail Address

I would leave this field empty.

As I wrote earlier, the developers asked you for your configuration report and therefore they must feel there is something in your configuration report that will assist them. I am just an ordinary member of the community here and I cannot see everything in other people's configuration reports . I'm trying to help you as best as I can but I think you will need to wait until the developers reply to your request for help. In the meantime, can you please explain what help you require with "notifications" about karma?

More
8 years 7 months ago #10 by 810

Mihailo Z wrote: I don't want mail notifications.
I created two accounts and I quoted one of my posts and on other account I don't get any notifications like on XenForo alert system or IPB etc..

We don't have notifications like that. I think you want a message on the forum like jomsocial does:

Time to create page: 0.630 seconds