Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Subscription Emails are not working

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by jciconsult
We are CB site using a RocketTHeme template. We have not succeeded in getting automatic subscription emails to work. I.e. we want users to receive emails when a topic to which they are subscribed is modified.
Our setup is;
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_reflex_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: April 19, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.3 | creationdate: 2012-11-24

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
To test this properly you need two accounts. One account has to subscribe to the topic. The second account posts a reply to the topic. Then check if the first account receives the email. If you are subscribed to a topic and you post a reply in that topic, you (the author of that reply) will not receive an email notification of the reply. That's normal.

If "normal" behaviour is not working then let us know.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #3 by jciconsult
I subscribed to a topic that someone else had started. When others posted replies to the initial post, I did not receive notification. The initiating account is also not receiving replies. The topic shows me as subscribed but I have received no notifications of the posts of others.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by jciconsult.

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by kst
We found the problem. With error reporting set to maximum, we were getting the error "Could not execute: /usr/sbin/sendmail" ....
We simply had to create an email account in CPanel for the "Forum E-mail Address", and the problem disappeared.

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by skybax

jciconsult wrote: I subscribed to a topic that someone else had started. When others posted replies to the initial post, I did not receive notification. The initiating account is also not receiving replies. The topic shows me as subscribed but I have received no notifications of the posts of others.

Verify in Joomla
Mail Settings

Verify in Kunena
Forum E-mail Address >> valid email adress
Send E-mails to Users >> must be set to yes

If all of the above are ok check the privileges of the email adress.

(Use same address in Joomla and Kunena)

Time to create page: 2.284 seconds