Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to change default display order of Sticky Topics?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

1) I read this post which talks about how to adjust the DB table to make topics more "sticky" and move them up in the display/sort order, as opposed to the default order of newest down to oldest.
www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...in-a-category#146845

I am wondering if this still applies to the latest version Kunena 4.0.3 and how to use this technique to change the sort/display order of Sticky topics (not regular topics). I want to change the order of how my Sticky topics display in a Kunena category instead of using the default newest first and oldest last ordering. Do you have any advice on this?

2) I noticed that the the latest version Kunena 4.0.3 in the site backend Kunena component dashboard screen it says Codename: Possagno.
I was curious how the Kunena devs chose this name since Possagno is a village in northern Italy.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by nemmar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
As far as I know, the technique you read about in K 3.0 should still work in K 4.0.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by nemmar
Hi Sozzled,

I tested out the Kunena database table edit method in that other forum post but it's not working for me.

But I found a much easier solution that does not require any database table edits...
I just posted a quick reply to each of the Sticky Topics that I wanted to move up in the chronological order of the forum. That way I was able to re-order the Sticky Topics to display sorted based on the topic importance instead of the topic date posted.

When logged in as the forum admin I was able to add the quick replies to locked Sticky Topics.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by 810
The sticky loaded the order by the category setting, just like topics.

You can order them by:
- Last post Time
- Topic creation time
- Alphabetic

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds