Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Bug? The main menu disappears

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by trench
After installing the new version of Kunena 4.0.1, I have a problem very strange. The main menu of the website disappears, only when they are on the forum. :(
I have attached a video to better understand the problem.

www.wildspirit.it/menu_kunena.mp4
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by trench.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by heinzo
I think I have a similar problem. In the "edit profile" menu, the different tabs (Avatar, User Account, ...) disappear (on crypsis template). Also the Kunena Menu disappears sometimes. I think it's some conflict with our joomla template. Which template are you using?

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by trench
Hi Heinzo use a theme of YOOtheme. It is a real shame because I can not use more than the forum if you do not solve the problem. :(

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Socratic
I'm having the exact same problem after upgrading to Kunena v4.0.3 yesterday.

I'm using Joomla v3.4.1 and an up-to-date Yootheme template (Venice).

When you're in the Kunena forum, moving the mouse over the menu items makes any menu with a dropdown disappear, just like in the video posted by trench above. This only happens on Kunena pages and only since upgrading Kunena from v3 to v4. Very frustrating.

Is this a bug? Is there a fix?

No trees were cut down in order to send this message...
                                             ...but an awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced!

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #5 by Socratic
UPDATE: This bug seems to only affect the "Blue Eagle" Kunena template. If I switch over to the other included template "Crypsis", this menu problem doesn't happen.

I'm fairly sure this is a bug with the way Kunena's Blue Eagle template renders in Joomla. I've only ever seen this problem once before and that was with a Release Candidate version of DocMan, which was fixed when the full version was later released and installed.

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Socratic.

More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
It shouldn't really matter what kind of forum template you use. The Kunena menu is just a Joomla menu.

There are a few ways someone can go about resolving problems with the Kunena menu. You could start by looking at the various sticky topics in the "questions" categories (except that the moderators here do not use the sticky topic feature these days), like this one: K 3.0 Kunena menu issues .

Alternatively, you could look in the FAQs page for help with the menu or elsewhere in the official documentation library (for example, Kunena menu issues ). 99% of these problems are usually solved with the trash-burn-build approach.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #7 by Socratic
Thanks for jumping in sozzled. I've checked the links you provided but that's not what's happening here - and it's not the Kunena menu that's the problem. It's the Joomla site's Main Menu that's having items disappear on mouseover. And for some reason (for me at least), it only happens when the Blue Eagle template is set as the default for Kunena. When the Crypsis template is used, the problem doesn't exist. Neither is there a problem with Kunena v3.0.8, but on Kunena v4.0.3 it's pretty evident.

It shouldn't matter what forum template I use, but it certainly does. See trenches video ( www.wildspirit.it/menu_kunena.mp4 ) for details because that's exactly what's happening to me when I use the Blue Eagle template in Kunena.

Trench, does changing Kunena's template to Crypsis fix the problem at your end too?

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Socratic.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Hmmm ... I watched the video. The most significant feature that I saw in trench's video was that the Kunena menu is missing! The main site menu was fine; only the Kunena menu was not there ... and that's this topic is confusing to me.

I'm only guessing. I do better when I have better information about your website. Your configuration report may provide some other helfpul clues.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Bug? The main menu disappears
The issue come from different jquery versions, I have also found the same issue's. But I didn't found any solution for now

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #10 by sozzled
Then this is a bug?

Is there a specific version of jQuery that is required? Is K 4.0 dependent on a specific version of jQuery? :dry:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds