Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Upgrading from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4.2.6

More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by OldCharlie
I've made backups and think I'm ready to upgrade,   But not sure about Kunena.

Here is a video of my situation at this point...do you think its' ok to upgrade?

billcory-pictures.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws...mla+Update+Check.mp4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by rich

I've made backups and think I'm ready to upgrade, 

You are ready to upgrade, when all is green (passed).
Here are the steps for the upgrade: docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

More
1 year 3 months ago #3 by Slacker
I upgraded to Joomla 4.2.6 for 2 weeks ago. Followed the descriptions for Kunena. And it was rather easy. One problem occurred the Kunena navbar was blank. It was recommended to renew the Kunena menu, which I did but did not help. For the Forum menu item choose Default menu item Index and then the Kunena menu items will populate the navbar.

More
1 year 2 months ago #4 by OldCharlie
Wait, you said that didn't fix it and instead do this:
For the Forum menu item choose Default menu item Index and then the Kunena menu items will populate the navbar.

In case I still need to renew the Kunena Menu?  

If so is this the way to do it:

The easiest way would be to create all Kunena menu items new.

Go to the backend and:
1. Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum.
2. Empty the menu trash.
3. Use the Kunena Dashboard: Tools -> Menu Manager -> Restore Kunena Menu facility.
4. Publish the menu item created for you in your top-level/main menu.
docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues
docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

These steps removes also your customized menu items like Questions about Lindy Alerts?, you must create manually these again

More
1 year 2 months ago #5 by rich

Wait, you said that didn't fix it and instead do this:

You have already upgraded to Joomla 4.2?

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #6 by OldCharlie
No,  I have not upgraded from 3.10 to 4.2. I have a meeting this morning to discuss the following error when trying to create a staging site so I can make the required changes to Joomla before the upgrade:

Akeeba Kickstart starts but it does not list my archive files
This usually means that the permissions of your site's root do not allow file listings. Please change the permissions of your site's root to 0755 or higher. If unsure how to do that, please ask your host; we don't know how each and every host works. You may also ask your host to give read and file listing permissions to your web root. They will either do that for you or tell you exactly how to do that.

On some hosts, we saw that it was necessary (on top of the above) to give 0755 permissions to the backup archive and all of its parts if any exist, e.g. file.jpa, file.j01, file.j02 etc. I know, this doesn't make any sense (0644 permissions on the file should work!) but it looks as if some hosts are grossly misconfigured. So, try setting your site's root directory permissions to 0755 and the permissions of your backup archive to 0755 as well. Kickstart should be left with 0644 permissions or you risk getting a 500 Internal Server Error.

Even after making sure the necessary permissions are 0755, I still get the error.   So I will not upgrade until I can get this resolved.   I'm waiting for GoDaddy support to contact me back, but its already been a couple of days.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by OldCharlie.

More
1 year 2 months ago #7 by Slacker
When I was setting up a testupgrade site locally I had similar problem with Kickstart to extract the backupfiles due to certain files in the archieve. I used then a program Akeeba EXtract Wizard to unpack the archieve. Then I installed it.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #8 by Smirnov

Akeeba Kickstart starts but it does not list my archive files

Hello.

There is no problem using the current version of Akeeba Kickstart. Unfortunately, I have almost no experience with Godaddy. But I see that Godaddy allows ssh.

My advice: go over ssh and run these commands (specify the correct path to the Akeeba Backup archive directory). I hope this solves all the problems.

Code:
sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/site_dir sudo chcon -R -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t /var/www/site_dir sudo find /var/www/site_dir -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \; sudo find /var/www/site_dir -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

Note. You need to change this path - /var/www/site_dir - so that it is correct.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Smirnov.

Time to create page: 1.539 seconds