Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Non-moderator users are getting kunena emails

More
4 years 8 months ago #221547 by tiqpal
Hello,
Many of my users in Kunena are Enabled but they are not Moderators. They are not assigned any topics to moderate, but they are still getting the Kunena emails sent by the system.
As Joomla users, they are all Publishers, as this website is essentially a help documentation site and they are contributors. I have not changed the standard Joomla Groups or Access Levels.
Finally, in the user interface in Kunena, these uses are listed as Administrator. What is going on? I cannot find any documentation.
Many thanks in advance!
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #221548 by rich
Only Joomla admins also get admin rights in Kunena. Do these users also have admin rights in the forum, or is only the rank Administrator displayed?
Emails are also sent to registered users when a topic or category has been subscribed.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #221549 by tiqpal
Thanks, Rich.
The users are ranked as Administration in Kunena - I don't seem to be able to change that.
The users are Publishers in Joomla, not  Administrators. (and I have not changed out-of-the box Joomla user groups.)
I have one user who is an Author in Joomla and a Moderator rank in Kunena - he did not get all of the extra emails.
I honestly do not see how to make someone an Administrator in Kunena or change their Rank.
Finally, it seems that the users were created when they created their Joomla (website) account. I changed a few user group profiles in Joomla (removed them fron the group Publisher and made them Authors) but the change is not reflected in Kunena. I tried to Resync users, but still no change.

I hope this info helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #221552 by rich

Do these users also have admin rights in the forum, or is only the rank Administrator displayed?

Unfortunately you did not answer this most important question. I need to know if these users are only shown as admins, or if they can also edit posts from other users, for example.

I honestly do not see how to make someone an Administrator in Kunena or change their Rank.

This is not possible. Administrators can only be created in Joomla. Kunena has no own user management, it takes over the users from Joomla. But Authors, Publisher and Editors, are in Kunena only normal registered users.

I have one user who is an Author in Joomla and a Moderator rank in Kunena - he did not get all of the extra emails.

This reinforces my suspicion that they are subscription mails.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #221553 by tiqpal
How can I tell if a user is an Admin or has Admin rights in Kunena?

The one user in question 
1. Is not a Moderator: 
2. Has no category or topic subscriptions:
3. I accepted the defaults for Forum settings:
4. His Rank is Administrator: not sure how that happens
5. He is an Editor in Joomla: (he was a Publisher)
6. Joomla groups look like this:
I hope this



Thanks,

Pat
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by tiqpal. Reason: Images that I inserted do not seem to work...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #221554 by tiqpal
Hello,
I have done some more investigating.
When a new user Registers on my site their Rank is New Member and Kunena behaves as expected including topic subscriptions, et al.
When I promote a user to Author, they remain Rank: New Member. If I make that user a Moderator, I can select the category and the user gets the topic notifications as expected.
If, however, I promote user to Editor (remember I have not changed Joomla User Groups: order is Registered->Author->Editor->Publisher) as soon as I promote to Editor the user becomes Rank: Administrator in Kunena and starts getting emails for ALL topics, regardless of which topic(s) the user is a Moderator for. (promoting to Publisher results in the same result -a they become Rank: Administrators.)
This is the problem I have.
My users need to be Publishers - they are writing and publishing content - but they only moderate topics in their own specific area of expertise.
Thank you for looking into this.

Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds