Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena migration - how to?

More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by fooky
I can't find any usable information how to do that, so before I mess up...

1. Is there any smooth way to migrate Kunena 2.0.4 (Jomla 1.5.26) to anything that works with Joomla 3?
- I need to migrate few old sites...
2. What problems to expect?
3. In most of the new Kunena forums I see the same problem over and over again... really bad templates. Absolutely not user friendly...
Including this forum. So I'm kind of afraid to migrate... but I guess I have to...
Are there any user friendly free templates, which look and work just as good old Blue Eagle 2.0?
It wasn't perfect in terms of editing it's CSS, but at least it was doing its job...

Can anyone share some info, or links to migration tools that you recommend?
Any links please to some step by step instructions?

Ps. Can I migrate directly from Joomla 1.5.26 to Joomla 3, or I need to go through Joomla 2?
The same with Kunena... which version allows to migrate from 2.0.4 to any newer version?
And if I need to use Joomla 2 in the process - which Kunena works with Joomla 2?

I have visited some repo, but it doesn't say which Kunena works which which joomla version...
I know this is a basic knowledge for some of you... I know I could spend few days reading and trying, but I hope somebody remembers how to do that...
Yeah I know Joomla 1.5 is and old one... :unsure:

Hope somebody can give me a piece of advice.

Thanks in advance! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #2 by DigDug
Replied by DigDug on topic Kunena migration - how to?
I'll second that. I am trying to migrate from a private server to out live server, but exporting the tables and importing them into the new database is tricky and a Hit or miss. No options to export within Joomla and import into the new site?

More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena migration - how to?
How you migrate your Joomla is indifferent, but the users must have the same IDs as before, otherwise the user assignment to their topics is not possible. Kunena is in principle easy to migrate, but you need as intermediate step a Joomla installation on php 5.

1. Create a complete backup
2. Migrate Joomla docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration
3. Install as intermedia step Kunena 4.0.12 (Kunena recognices the old tables and migrated this tables to the new structure)
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/4.0.12
4. Joomla 1.5 has another user management as Joomla 3.9. Therefore you must after the migration adjust all category permissions manually, otherwise users have no access and can't see the categories.
5. Check if all works
6. Now you can change to the current php version
7. Upgrade Kunena
8. Check again if all works
9. If you want, you can delete now all fb tables. They are not needed anymore after a successful migration

See also here:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-4-0-installation-...de-kunena-2-0-4-to-4
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...bs-from-j-1-5-to-j-3

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds