Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Recent Topics menue item behaviour

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by Sebi
I have Kunena 5.1.9 installed and I need help regarding the "Recent Topics" menue item.

When I click on the "Recent Topics" menu button I see the newest posts of the topics, the most recent post on top. So far so good. When the recent topics fill more than one page and I click on page 3, for example, I see the topics on page 3 as one would expect.

Now when I click on the "Recent Topics" menu button again I stay on page 3. One would expect that page 1 would be displayed because the most recent topics are located there.

How can I fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Gamer Templates

More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Sebi
You can reproduce it here in this forum. Click on 'Recent Topics'. Then click page 2, for example. Then click on 'Recent Topics' again und you are still on page 2. Even if you close the browser tab, open a new tab and go to kunena forum again, when you click on 'Recent Topics' you will land on page 2 again.

More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Gamer Templates
OK now i know what you mean. A cookie will set the last page visited.

This is at: recent, unread, no-replies, my topics ...

But I don't know if there is a way, to change only this.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
It's since Kunena 1.0 so and it's intent. It would not be optimal if you want on another page (not the first) would like to read several posts.
Unfortunately, I also don't know how you can change that.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Sebi

rich wrote: Unfortunately, I also don't know how you can change that.

Hello Rich, thank you for your response. Maybe one of the developers can tell me which code to change.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #7 by Gamer Templates
Without changing the cookies it also works :-) If you absolutely want to have it that way. (only ACTIVE does not work)

If that is enough for you like here (my site for testing): www.gamer-templates.com/forum/recent-topics.html tell me, then I write you a small instruction.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gamer Templates.

More
5 years 1 month ago #8 by Sebi

Gamer Templates wrote: If that is enough for you like here (my site for testing): www.gamer-templates.com/forum/recent-topics.html tell me, then I write you a small instruction.

Great, I testet it on your site and that is exactly what I need :) I would appreciate your instruction.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #9 by Gamer Templates
OK do this:
  1. Go to Admin -> Menus -> YOUR KUNENA MENU -> and find your Recent Topics ID (NOTICE THIS ID)

2. Then open Recent Topics -> click Save as Copy

3. Then Joomla create a new Menu Item with the Name Recent Topics (2)

4. Click on "Menu Item Type *" and change this to System Links -> URL (DO NOT CLOSE THIS SITE)

5. Open your Kunena Forum in Frontend in a new Browser Tab and go to Recent Topics

6. Now you click on Site 2 and again on Site 1 and you have your URL in Browser
    For example: www.gamer-templates.com/ forum/recent-topics.html?start=0

7. Go back to Backend and insert the URL in the Link * Field at Recent Topics (2)
    for example: forum/recent-topics.html?start=0

8. Set Status on the right site on Published and Save

9. Go back to Kunena Forum and refresh your site. Now you see 2 Tabs of Recent Topics and check if Recent Topics (2) works

10. [strike]Now go to your Template custom.css or a css which will not override after update and insert this:

(MY item-ID IS AN EXAMPLE! USE YOUR item-ID FROM STEP 1.):[/strike]

[strike].item-859 {
    display: none !important;
    }[/strike]

11. Go to Recent Topics -> open -> Link Typ -> Display in Menu -> NO -> save

12. Go back to Kunena Forum and refresh your site. Now you see 1 Tabs of Recent Topics (2)

13. Change Menu Title Recent Topics (2) to Recent Topics in Admin and that is all!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gamer Templates.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #10 by Sebi
Thank you for your instructions. It works! The only drawback is that the new menue item is not marked as selected.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Sebi.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds